Can I File A Claim Even If I'm A Current Reservist? - Eligibility - Veterans Compensation Benefit Claims - VA Disability Community via Jump to content
VA Disability Community via

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Read the LatestSearch | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events |  Donate  | Blogs | New Users

  • 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png


  • donate-be-a-hero.png

  • 0

Can I File A Claim Even If I'm A Current Reservist?

Rate this question



  • Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Yes you can if you neet eligibility requirements. I.e., active dutie other than training for 180 days, or been to war,etc...

If you recieve compensation for a claim, your reserve pay will be offset by your compensation. At a certain point, you may be working for nothing. At 60% service connection, your VA comp may be more than your drill pay and you wont recieve any drill pay.

If you are close to your 20 years, this may not matter as you still want to get your 20 year retirement.

Many of the Soldiers that came back from Iraq with me were in there first 6 year enlistment and got out at the end of six years becasue they didnt make any money drilling and were not going to do that for another 14 years.

If you have 18 or more years, well then there is a whole new set of rules that apply.

Whats your story??


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use