Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Prep For Notification

Rate this question

wxman4life

Question

Hi, my first time posting and I have a question. I'm waiting on my pension and today it has finally hit Prep for Notification, on average how much longer is the wait and where can I look on ebenefits for possible answers. I'm just ready for this entire process to end. Been an ongoing battle since last August. I do have an effective date of August 6, 2014 and one of my benefit letters show that I am collecting a pension, but have not received one payment yet if that makes any sense. I had to submit paperwork after paperwork, I just want to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

If it's in Prep for Notification, It shouldn't be long now. Sometimes people see back pay before they see the BBE. You can check on Ebennies under letters and see if it shows anything different.

Welcome aboard and looks like your claim will complete within the next two weeks. Good luck, God Bless and keep us posted!!!

The Disabilities section should show your rating percentage, and it is quite possible that you will receive your retro before the arrival of the BBE. That was the case for me, as bassrunnin1 said. I will keep my fingers crossed that you hear something today or tomorrow. At the very least I would hope that you know by the end of the week. Also, keep in mind that normal payments arrive after the completion of a month (ie June is paid out in July).

V/r

Detel

wxman4life

The good news is that hopefully you get what you deserve, are happy by the ratings outcome and can move on with your life? Being on this roller-coaster can be exhausting in a lot of ways...both mentally and physically. I'm getting close myself and just don't want to have to spend a few years fighting the system to get what I deserve as well. But, we can only hope and pray that it all turns out for the best...I'll be looking for your positive post and hope it happens very very soon for you...godspeed..rootbeer22..

Congrats and yes Under VA Letters it will say Summary Benefits Letter, click on that and letter will Upload. Good luck and God Bless