Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

From Preparation For Notification Back To Gathering Of Evidence?

Rate this question

RAKMEDIC3/187

Question

Good Morning,

Today I checked my Ebenefits page and see that my claim has moved back to gathering evidence. I was expecting have it move forward to Notification. My Rate did increase from 50% PTSD to 70%PTSD though. Any thoughts on this???

Also, I had filed a new claim for IBS and it is now listed as Not Service Connected Related to Environmental Hazard in Gulf War...

There is also a new claim listed for Alcohol Abuse and it says Deferred. Is this the reason that it is now back in the Gathering Evidence phase??? Im completely lost so any help or information would be appreciated.

Thank you all for your help!!!

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Congrats on the increase, and yes it is not unusual for the VA RO to open a new claim for you based on what Exam Docs find during C&P. I have had a few new conditions granted that I did not apply for. Good luck and keep us posted

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

Good Morning,

Today I checked my Ebenefits page and see that my claim has moved back to gathering evidence. I was expecting have it move forward to Notification. My Rate did increase from 50% PTSD to 70%PTSD though. Any thoughts on this???

Also, I had filed a new claim for IBS and it is now listed as Not Service Connected Related to Environmental Hazard in Gulf War...

There is also a new claim listed for Alcohol Abuse and it says Deferred. Is this the reason that it is now back in the Gathering Evidence phase??? Im completely lost so any help or information would be appreciated.

Thank you all for your help!!!

Its probably because of the deferred claim. Looks like they did a partial rating granted 50 to 70 you'll likely get a notification letter for and more development is needed for the deferred either opinion, exam or maybe clarification.

Edited by USN_HM_VSR