Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Variation In Ebenefits Rating And Benefit Summary Letter

Rate this question

Bobbo5Toe

Question

Question: is there a reason why my Benefits Summary Letter would list me at 100 percent with the appropriate pay amount for that rating but simultaneously ebenefits shows combined rating at 90 percent?

Background: I am a recent BKA amputee, filed for increased compensation and also for IU. Received letter from VA stating that they had increased rating to 90 percent, denied a few contentions and denied IU. I was at a doctors appointment for my wound care and the nurse asked me when I was rated at 100 percent to which Inhad no answer. So I came home and printed a Benefits Summary Letter which states that I am rated and paid at 100 percent. The first payment under this rating increase will be, or should be, this Friday the 31st. I'm a little confused about this, granted all of this would be a blessing for me. The only other thing I could add that might have relevance is that I rate 3 special monthly compensations as well. I don't know wether or not that would have any bearing on any of this.

I'm assuming that it's definitely not IU because I received the denial letter and no other award letter(s) describing this. By the way the denial for IU was very nasty, stating very bluntly that what I'm being paid is considered fair compensation and an undertone of "you should be ashamed for considering yourself eligible"

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I tried to figure out where the confusion could be coming from. It doesn't make sense why the same system can give you two different answers. I guess you'll have to wait for Friday's deposit, if the increase made it to the pay center in time. Actually, you might see two different deposits, one for the increase and the other for your regular amount. This is how I was paid when I received an increase.

Sorry to hear about the tone of the letter, but I know what you're saying. On my initial appeal, I had Dr. Bash do my IME. In my SSOC, the DRO wrote derogatory comments about Dr. Bash and even tried to discredit his medical credentials. This is something that will remain with me forever. Once all of my claims are finalized, I will write the VA OIG about it.

Best of luck.

• HadIt.com Elder

"the DRO wrote derogatory comments about Dr. Bash and even tried to discredit his medical credentials"

The Atlanta VARO did this to different veterans claims several years ago. Turned out that Dr. Bash had been accepted as an expert witness

in court proceedings. Doing such things as the DRO did just might arguably be a CUE level error!

Bobbo5Toe - please update us on how you were paid Chuck, I agree and when finished will all of my claims, I will file a complaint. The bashing of Dr. Bash was to no avail, I won all my claims at the BVA level, based on the BVA's own IMO agreeing with Dr. Bash. Just fighting with the DRO on the ratings - go figure.

Most Vets advocates say if you print everything out on ebenefits, and take that to Starbucks with $10, you can get a cup of coffee. Or, skip the ebenefits printout, and get your starbucks coffee for 9 bucks.

Since we can not rely on what VA tells us, and we certainly dont want to trust their written decisions, why would ebenefits be any different? It isnt. Its untrustworthy..even more so than the rest of VA, if that is possible. Most Vets advocates simply suggest staying away from ebenefits, its almost certain to give misinformation.

Ebenefits works well for:

1. Printing out a "100 % P and T" letter for one of the many discounts in your area.

2. Checking to see when you got paid what.

3. Ordering hearing aid batteries.

But, dont count on ebenefits. You might see an AB8 letter letting you know you got 100% before you get anything else. But you will likely feel much better painting your bedroom and then watching the paint dry.

Bobbo5Toe - please update us on how you were paid Chuck, I agree and when finished will all of my claims, I will file a complaint. The bashing of Dr. Bash was to no avail, I won all my claims at the BVA level, based on the BVA's own IMO agreeing with Dr. Bash. Just fighting with the DRO on the ratings - go figure.

Ok, So I was paid the full 100% amount plus my special monthly compensation amounts in the tune of a little over 3600 on Friday. Hopefully this stays the same.