Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits Glitch Showed Remand Items

Rate this question

justrluk

Question

So the other day during one of my more obsessive moments, I checked claim status. I noticed two claims in process, both were the two remand items and both were "awaiting decision approval". Now, they are both gone and don't show in the completed claims area. I'm curious if anyone else noticed this? I should have taken a screen shot just for my own sanity and to prove I wasn't imagining this, but I'm wondering if this is what the new appeals section will look like.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Update: I noticed under "Disabilities" that the two issues I have on remand are listed as "pending disabilities" and are both awaiting decision approval. Not sure how long (who ever is, really), but will update if/when I see movement.

My Ebenefits has apparently been hacked. I tried to log in and was told my user name or password did not match so I checked my email and had one stating my log in information had been changed. I changed it back through email verification only to have it changed again 25 minutes later by an unknown party. I called support nd was told there was a problem with my account and they had to disable it and for me to re-register but the man was not authorized to tell me what the problem was. I went through that entire process and got it all set up correctly but it would not allow me into the personal information section. I called back to make sure all of that was correct and was told it was. Now as of today my direct deposit was sent to a bank account at American Express which I have never had under an account that has been closed, under someone else's name and in a completely different state than the one I live in.

Also, a dependent benefits claim was started under my file and they will not tell me who started it. Funny thing,,,, I have no dependents.. I was just told by my service rep that it will take 30 days or more for them to issue the payment to the correct account. So I guess the VA wants me to go without paying my bills or eating for a month.

Sounds like identity theft. Call the police (local and in the state in which the funds were deposited). Do this immediately. Else you will/could lose the $$ and have no recourse. Also, call AMEX immediately.