VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Any Info On What Needs To Be In An Imo/ime ? Any Samples ?

Rate this question

sdvet33

Question

Hello everyone,

First i'd like to thank everyone on here who has been a great help to me in the past. I appreciate everything everyone here has done for me.

My situation is that i was told i need an IME/IMO to strengthen my case for 100% TDIU and for my SSDI benefits. Currently i am at 80% and My VSO and everyone who has seen my file thinks i should be getting TDIU and SSDI. I recently had a psych appointment rescheduled and its wasn't until October so the V.A allowed me to use the Choice program and go to a civilian doctor. I asked the Civilian Doc if she could write me a IME/IMO and she said she had never written one but would be willing to write something. I told her kind of what i thought it was and what needs to be on there but i don't know much about them. She used to work at the V.A and specializes in PTSD cases so i think she knows her stuff as far as PTSD goes.

Anyway i was wondering if someone could tell me exactly what all needs to be on there. I just told her it's an evaluation and needs to include all my symptoms. Can anyone give me some guidance, and or, provide me with a sample/template/ or copy of their IME/IMO. It would be much appreciated. I've looked around for other Docs and their trying to charge me a couple grand and i have no money. If i could get a solid definition to what needs to be written i could get this doc to help me.

Any information i can get will help.

Thank you in advance i appreciate it.

Wow thanks for all the fast replies. Honestly, all the advice has got my head spinning. I don't understand much of it. Like i dont know what a dbq or Nexus is. Should that be included in my IME? I know it's asking a lot but i need to get an idea of what is supposed to be there in ther IME. A list of things. Lke does it have to say whether she thinks i can work or not, or should it state my symptoms and how it might effect my ability to work, or does it just have to list my symptoms? Sorry i'm a little slow. I know a little but not so technical. I'll try to answer some of the questions that came up on this post.

-The V.A has the choice program and thats how i got to this doctor. She is on a V.A apporved list. I got to seek her out because i had an appointment with my Psych Doc and had to reschedule. Her next available appointment wasn't until October. Under the choice program if they V.A can't make you an appointment in a certain amount of time, or you live farther than 60 miles from a V.A facility you can use the choice program to go to a V.A approved civilian doctor.

- I'm 70% S/C for PTSD and a bunch of other 10%'s that equal 80% all together. I have already been diagnosed officially by the V.A obviously.

- I requested to be checked for TDIU because my VSO said i should, but shortly after i called V.A and asked for it to be withdrawn because i wanted to get more evidence first. Even so, i was sent a decision upping my S/C to 80% but denying TDIU. My Decision letter says something to the effect:

1. Needs more evidence on the ability to work ( I haven't worked in over 3 yrs. I did an internship in an office that only lasted 2 days before i had to quit because i couldn't handle working in an open office setting with about 10 other poeple.

2. It says "has trouble" geting along with others and functioning etc. etc.. buuuuuuuuuutttttt generally can operate in a normal fashion. WTF it says i can't do anyting from time to time but most the time can operate normally. Not exact words but i think you can get an idea from this.

From this i assumed i needed more evidence and thats why i'm trying to get an IME so i can submit it as new evidence. I contacted Dr. Bavette about doing a IME for me and evaluating for TDIU and P & T etc... but his fee is $2000 dollars and i just don't have that. I asked about a payment plan or taking a % of my backpay but he siad he doesn't do that anymore. This is why i asked help here because the Doctor the V.A sent to me seems like my only chance at getting a doctors opinion. I can send in a self diagnoses but we all know that isn't worth a thing.

sorry for the long post and scatter brain i'm just trying to get the best information i can so i can try and make the best decision for myself.

Thank you in advance.

note: I just applied for Voc Rehab awhile back and theyre still deciding whether i'm a candidate or not.