jim0031

Question

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

I guess i have to ask what your question is?

Are you asking if the way you filed it is correct, or how you worded the claim?

Theres about 10000 more things to filing your claim correctly than the name of it, however from what i am reading is that Hepatitis C can cause cirrhosis of the liver and hte way you worded it it sounds lik you are saying you have cirrhosis and hepatitis C is secondary (caused or aggravated by) to cirrhosis.

I wouldnt worry about it too much, veterans are not medical doctors so thats why i even advocate shying away from listing specific problems, i.e. "migraines" and instead filing for "headaches". however you hav ebeen diagnosed with both and that is why you are filing, not on symptoms, etc.

The VA should be able to make that determination that hte cirrhosis is caused by the hep c and basically reverse them in their decision if granted that cirrhosis is secondary to the hep c.

I dont know your history, whether the VA has diagnosed you with these, and connected them to Service and what private doctors you have been to.

Looking at Court of Veterans Appeals Cases, I would implore you to make sure you go and get an IMO/IME to diagnose you with these diseases, connect the HEP C to your time in service or something that happened as a result of your time in the military AS WELL AS connecting the HEP C to the cirrhosis.

Even though you have already submitted your claim you can always, always, always submit more evidence in support of your claim. yes it may make it take longer if you submit more evidence later in the process while its being reviewed, however i would rather have 2 more months added on to a claim that will be decided positively than deal with an additional 12-36 months of an appeal process because i didnt submit the evidence.

read this post i wrote please, and start doing it if you havent already.

Thanks for your help, I believe I got infected with the Hep C virus from the jet air guns used for mass immunizations in boot camp, 1983 Great Lakes recruit training center, I served 4 years till 1887, tried to get life insurance in the mid 90''s and that's how I found out about the Hep c. I have not done drugs, gotten tattoo's, no blood transfusions, or any other high risk activities. Just recently The Hep c has caused cirrhosis of the liver. I have never been to any VA Hospital, all my information comes from private Dr's, I just e filed a few days ago and kinda feel overwhelmed, so I really appreciate your help