Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssoc - "social Security - No Treatment Records For You" ? ? ?

Rate this question

Airman

Question

I filed a NOD and a subsequent Form 9 on an SOC on an EED claim (classic "DeLisio") for which I just received a SSOC, I assume based on new or additional evidence (theirs) which reads in part " . . we have received a negative reply from SSA with report of no medical treatment records for you." That was part of theiir "Reasons and Bases" ffor continued denial. Of course SSA has no medical or any other records except for the payments I made to them in high school and the time I spent in the Air Force. All my employment since then has been federal govt. Here's my question. OF WHAT RELEVENCE IS THAT to my claim for an EED? Since I had filed a previous Form 9 their cover letter stated that I did not have to respond and they would forward my appeal to the BVA after 30 days and that if I didn't want to wait for the 30 days to expire, I should write and let them know. I did write and told them to not wait for the 30 days to expire and proceed with my claim to the BVA. The only new evidence was the No SSA records. Should I be cocerned? There is still time for another Form 9 or should I just let it go and wait for the BVA hearing?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit!

If you are on Social Security Disability or had an SSD claim pending, it would matter.

If not, I have no idea why they would try and an unrelated issue into your claim. Perhaps someone got mixed up...

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

• HadIt.com Elder

It should not matter but the VA likes to bullet proof their denials with irrelavant information that should not even be considered. You should see a VA Counselor at your VAMC and ask them to explain it to you.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Thanks for your responses. I have no associations with SSA other than I will be paying for Medicare part B in the very near future. I'm assuming it's just another VA error and it shouldn't have any bearing on my case. It'll be brought to light sooner or later. i'm confident in the factual evidence and especially the case law that support my claim. It just a matter of time.