Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Plantar Fasiitis And The Other Foot

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

All,

Went to private foot doc today. Main complaint is that my limp is becoming more prominent, left heel pain and left ankle pain and pain when standing for a while, i.e., more than a half hour in both feet etc.

I have SC for Plantar Fasciitis in my right foot, and get 10%.

I told him that I am limping more because of my right foot pain and could that be causing my left heal pain and left ankle pain (stability).

He said it was.

Then he gave me a shot (cortisone)(ouch) in my right foot and a brace for my left ankle to support it moving side to side.

My plan is to file for increase right foot and SC for left foot secondary to right foot, etc.

I may also file for increase (currently 20%, ROM) thoracic/lumbar pain secondary from above ^^^^.

Anyone with experience in this matter?

Or opinion?

Thanks,

Hamslice

Edited by Hamslice

“There is no hook my friend. There's only what we do.”  Doc Holiday 

Hamslice,

I am using my newly awarded SCD for my feet as basis for secondary claims that I now have in progress.  I have been dealing with these things since late 1992. And while I was only just SC for my feet, I do have STRs from 1997-1998 for plantar fasciitis while still on AD.

So, it's no real leap to get from there to aggravated knees, of which I've been SC since 2000, ankles and hips. 

It boggles my mind(feeble as it is) that the VA goes out of their way to make things so much harder for Vets to claim.  Especially when there are STRs to make the connection for SC.  And when the claims for secondary SCD are for contentions that logically result from the long term effects of primary SCDs.

Good luck on your future secondaries!

Andy

Semper Fi.