VA Determined I'm incompetent - VA Disability Claims Research - VA Disability Community via Hadit.com Jump to content
VA Disability Community via Hadit.com
  • ask-your-va-disability-claims-question.png

27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

VA Determined I'm incompetent

Rate this question

MalachiDeepsea

Question

Hello,

First off this site is fantastic, through my claim process I have learned so much of what to expect and how to avoid disaster THANK YOU!

I was at the VA hospital today inquiring about certain details while my claim is pending and the rep was able to pull my findings and informed me I was rated PTSD with MDD and TBI 70%, Sciatica 20%, Degenerative Joint 10%. with a combined rating of 80%... GOOD NEWS! Except my competency decision: Proposed Incompetency. The rep. informed me I was not going to be given my retro pay for the past 16 months and that I can fight it of find a fiduciary to help me. She also informed me that I could appeal and prove that I am competent however based on my financial situation due to loss of wages from separation I have not been able to keep current on my bills? What can I do? Should I fight it or except it? If I except it what is the stigma that comes with it or how will it effect my rights. How do I appoint a fiduciary to get my money in a timely manor?

Also due to my supposed incompetency due to my mental injuries in need of a fiduciary would I or my fiduciary be eligible for Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers?

Edited by MalachiDeepsea

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• Founder

If you can manage your own money, I would fight it. YOu don't have much time to fight it it will say in the letter. As far as a family caregiver you may be able to use this but only if you are a post 9/11 veteran.

If you were to be assigned a fiduciary I'm not sure that would have any bearing on the caregiver program if you were eligible for it.