VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claims Phase II Update

Rate this question

rootbeer22

Question

Folks:

I just got notified my result of round 2 of my claim was finished and I saw the results on Ebenefits. Anyway this round, only 1 of 7 contentions was service connected  (others denied) which was  one 10% SC for Hypertensive Heart Disease as a secondary to Hypertension.  My initial claim of 80% has remained at 80% because the extra 10% was not enough to move the ratings up. But, I intend to challenge most the denials anyway with new IMO/IMEs from Dr Ellis over the next few months with my NOD. I'm not getting much traction with claims associated with the explosion that I was in so I contacted a group from MIT that is doing some of this type of work for the Army to see if they would help. Although I'm disappointed that my ratings did not increase and I was denied some of my contentions, I know that this is how this process generally works and Vets have to be very patient of the overall process. I also, need to look at secondaries and if someone could point me to any posts of how to file for secondaries I would be very grateful....thanks and godspeed...Rootbeer22..

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Congratulations on the one contention!  One down and out of the way, and now a few less to focus on.  Half a league onward!

Mark