Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

FDC Timeline for me

Rate this topic

Tazinhawaii

Hello,

New here, but been reading for many hours before filing my claim for increased rating (migraines and tendonitis).  But I noticed, being typical ex-military, most of the stories on here are horror stories of people fighting the VA for years.  So I've been pretty impressed with the timeline thus far on my claim and wanted to pass this along for those of you who might be getting discouraged as I was reading the posts here.

Started my claim in eBennies July 23rd.  Still had some more VA appointments to go to before I wanted to submit it.

Submitted my claim on August 21st

Got a call from the VA to schedule my C&P exam on Sept 17

C&P exam scheduled for Oct 28th.

So, so far the longest part is waiting for the C&P exam.  For my initial evaluation after retiring it was only about 3-4 weeks after that C&P before I received my decision letter in the mail.  So hopefully I'll have my decision well before Thanksgiving.  I don't know if it's only the Northeast (Manchester, NH), but I haven't had problems with the initial claim process back in 2012 (about 4 months from submittal until decision) or this claim (should be under 90 days).  So for those that may be discouraged out there researching their claim as I did, it's not all doom and gloom...  Of course as I type this, realize my claims still not done so I'm probably poking fate here.  I will update this as the next steps happen.

Derrick

USN Nuclear Power Limited Duty Officer, Ret.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear, and keep us posted

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder