Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

tbi and concussions

Rate this question

usmc marine

Question

I'm new to this site. I was medically discharged for post concussions syn grade 3. I am having serious issues dealing with memories issues, getting into trouble with law, can't concentrate, throwing up for no reason. I was put out of work due to my ptsd's issues. I filed for an inc, but was denied. My shrink stated that I was dangerous, unpredictable, a threat in the work force, and I will never be able to work again. 

This antipsychotic meds have me not believing in God anymore. I'm like a zombie all the time. I'm just lost right now. 

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Sorry to hear of your hard times bud. I see that you are 100% VA already. What exactly are you asking for looking for? I also have TBI due to 6 concussions in service, and recently had a Brain Scan and was diagnosed with PCS as well. Along with the PTSD, life has been very hard, but I have a great wife and kids. Do you go to VA for Trauma Counseling or Treatment? Is there support for you within your family? Good luck and please keep us posted

I was thinking if I qualified for smc benefits, due to the residuals from tbi. However, the va has a history of tying ptsd symptoms with tbi's recipients. I had a tbi exam, and it was the best tbi exam I ever had. My exam was a Dr looking into the computer reading my history, asked me to remember three words; I could not remember those words. He tells me to stand up and close my eyes with both arms spread apart, and that was my perfect exam. Telling you beautiful people the truth.