VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

weird, but worth asking

Rate this question

traveler

Question

Okay, so on 4 August I submitted my FDC

Approved 5 May 2015

80%.  Life is good :)

Today, I get a letter from the VA saying they reviewed my claim, and disagreed with the 20% I received for Hemorrhoids, that it should be 70% overall and if I want I can submit evidence to keep my rating.

So, at my C+P the nurse noted in the record loss of sphincter control, moderate leakage when doing the C+P for hemmorrhoids.  Under 7332 on CRR38 Part 4 that is 20%.

But VA review makes no note of it, stating that my hemorrhoid condition is insufficient for anything over 0%

Apparently South Dakota RO gave me the 20% for the leakage, but the VA didn't like that.

Is that because it falls under loss of sphincter control instead of hemorrhoids?  I would think that if it is noted under the C+P exam for hemmorhoids that was conducted, that it should be compensable, as it has been.  Is it normal for a completed disability to be reviewed 2-3 months after it's done?  Hell, I thought he VA was backlogged!

So, I will respond with the evidence about the leakage and hope they will give me the 10% that it would fall under which would keep my 80% total finding intact.

Comments?