VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can I change the RO my claims go through?

Rate this question

MRmonkey

Question

I received my medical retirement from FT Knox Kentucky from the US Army. For some reason, my claims were processed through the Seattle RO. I now live in Kansas, and have the same RO. In my opinion, this is not the correct RO geographically, and I have yet to hear or experience anything good about the place. How does a veteran get away from the large imploding star known as the Seattle RO? Would it even matter?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I Believe  You can write seattle RO and request all your records be sent to the RO in your geographical Area

just let them know you moved and it would be more convenient!

give them the name and address of the RO You want to handle your claims.

but it may not make any difference now  beings all claims are sent to your designated claims intake center...so you may need to write the claims intake center or call them to find out?

jmo

..............Buck

Edited by Buck52

Yes, the RO matters.  I would love to change my RO, as I am 95% certain that the RO has the philosophy "once we get to 100%" we should stop appealing and just "settle" for whatever effective date the RO gave us, even if incorrect.  

Your RO is determined by geographical area, BUT RO's frequently "farm out" claims to other offices, and they may, or may not tell you this.  

I got a decision from St. Pete RO, even tho Florida is 1000 miles from me, and my claim was also in Roanoke at one time, even tho I never moved.   It is supposed to be done for efficiency as some RO's are busier than others, but, in reality, I think they use it as still another delay mechanism, since it probably speeds up nothing but winds up shuffling your file across the country and winds up losing evidence.  It also creates confusion, which VA loves.  

YOu could try telling Seattle RO you moved to Kentucky again, but dont count on anything.