VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Criminal Procedure

Rate this question

rigo

Question

I dont understand why veterans mostly use the Rules and Regulations venue to deal with the GARBAGE the VA dish out and we never use the legal venue:

TITLE 18. CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE

PART 1. CRIMES

CHAPTER 47 FRAUD AND FALSE STATEMENTS

18 USCS SEC. 1001

Sec. 1001. Statements or entries generally

(a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, whoever, in any matter within the jurisdiction of the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of the Government of the United States, knowingly and willfully

(1) falsifies, conceals, or covers up by the trick, scheme, or device a material fact;

(2) makes any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation; or

(3) makes or uses any false writings or document knowing the same to contain any materially

false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or entry;

Shall be fine under this title or imprisoned no more than 5 years, or both.

If every veteran that receives a false/fictitious/fraudulent/conceal/cover-up statement, will charge the VA with criminal procedure, we can PROBABLY stop the abuse by the VA. Rigo

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
If every veteran that receives a false/fictitious/fraudulent/conceal/cover-up statement, will charge the VA with criminal procedure, we can PROBABLY stop the abuse by the VA.

I sure wish that I knew how to accomplish this.

Those two psychiatrist that changed all of my military and private medical records, to discredit me, should be fined under this title or imprisoned no more than 5 years, or both.

If anyone could tell me how to do this?

Josephine

Dear Fellow Veterans & Friends

The DA is the one who would procecute the VA. But they dont because they say they are the lawyers for the VA and represents conflict of interest. A citizen on there own cannot bring criminal charges and procecute in a fed court. No lawyer will take the case because of the expence and no money in it.

Terry Higgins

I beleive if you file a well founded complaint with the VA OIG it will be investigated I have a malpractice IG investigation in the works for a nurse who said my heart was fine in january and in less than six months time I had a heart catherization and had a 100% blockage and two 80% blockages, it is going to be very interesting when the VA OIG post their findings. The nurse did not follow the guidlines on the worksheet for heart exams, had she then my heart disease would have been found 6 months earlier.................

I am about to file a second one for the assault by the doctor in the pysch ward. The wont follow the rules, I will file IG complaints B)

So to Josephine file a well written complaint to the IG and cite the following in your complaint: and if you need help send me a PM

TITLE 18. CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE

PART 1. CRIMES

CHAPTER 47 FRAUD AND FALSE STATEMENTS

18 USCS SEC. 1001

Sec. 1001. Statements or entries generally

(a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, whoever, in any matter within the jurisdiction of the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of the Government of the United States, knowingly and willfully

(1) falsifies, conceals, or covers up by the trick, scheme, or device a material fact;

(2) makes any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation; or

(3) makes or uses any false writings or document knowing the same to contain any materially

false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or entry;

Shall be fine under this title or imprisoned no more than 5 years, or both.

If every veteran that receives a false/fictitious/fraudulent/conceal/cover-up statement, will charge the VA with criminal procedure, we can PROBABLY stop the abuse by the VA.

Edited by FLHRCI

Dear Veteran

I read I belive on the home page of the VAOIG they dont investigate the VA rulings on claims.

Terry Higgins

your right they dont, they investigate crimes, malpractice, mistreatment of a patient and other things that I cant remember, but they will not investigate a ruling...............my congressman suggested I file a complkaint aginst the VA throught his office, let him initiate it........................................all I need to do is pick out every non compliance of title 38 and m21 procedural rules..........when they do not follow guidlines that my friend is breaking the law and will substantiate a IG Investigation....................

my Dad is a retired Criminal Investigator for the DCIS OIG, got a brother who is a Fed marshall, another brother who is state cop and so is his wife . and me 20 yeasrs of military and civ law eneforcement...........................xxxx

I AM NOT LETTING ALL THE KNOWLEDGE I HAVE BE WASTED AND SIT AROUND and do nothing............they broke the law and I am reportiing it. My dad thinks my charge of assault against the doctor is BS, but you know what under the statue of this law he committed simple assault and I intend to file a complaint against him for doing it. Assault or not no Pyschiatrist who has been my doctor for over a year had the right to do to me what he did when I was a patient in a mental ward..................From Know on anyone who mistreats me or does malpractice will get investigated by the IG.

My new Pyschiatrist wants me to start taking Abilify an new anti pyschotic............its not even used for my diagnosis

Serious Pains Syndrom with

Severe Recurring depression Secondar

GAD vs Agoraphobia

and they are working on PTSD now

I dont have agoraphobia I have PTSD

If he had reasearched what he prescribed to me he wouldnt, simply put this medication does serious damage or death to 1 out 100 cardiac patients who take it............can we say OOOOPS

I would love those odds on anything but my life!

Edited by FLHRCI

Right-

I filed a complaint with the IG stating that the fed gov employs illiterates at my RO.

Got a nice letter back stating this is not within their jurisdiction to investigate.

However they do investigate many other types of complaints.

But a Congressman or Senator can often be a more effective way to handle bad exeriences involving the VA.It depends on the situation.

It adds more time to the claim however-

I had to contact 2 Senators and my Congressman in the 1990s-I wrote a letter that specifically stated the complaint and what the VA did or didnt do that violated established VA case law and regs regarding my husband's claims.( they seemed to refuse to get his SSA records that supported his claim although he had sent them the proper authorizations forms)

What was disturbing was that the VA responded to them all with a boldfaced lie.They said the SSA itself refused to release his records after they had made many requests.NOT true.

I immediately called SSA in Baltimore and got those records sent to the VA-and found out that the VA had never even requested them.

Our former Congressman helped me many times with VA problems. He called the VAMC himself at one point on a matter not involving Rod's claims. I almost called him again when they refused to give Rod a CT scan but they buckled under that threat.He got the CT scan right away. (The doctor refused to give the scan- saying the CT scan was "broke" but they fixed it in 15 minutes)

You might get better results telling your Congressman and Senators what problems you are having.

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder
So to Josephine file a well written complaint to the IG and cite the following in your complaint: and if you need help send me a PM

FLHRCI,

When I receive my answer from the AMC. which I have been told will be in December, if they rule against, because to what those two said and did. I will definitely be calling on you for your help.

I have written several statements to the BVA and the AMC drawing them a clear guide to follow, so that they can see everything in my military and private medical records that was changed. If they give me a No, because of what those two did, I will be going after the two of them.

I am like you, I will not allow, these things to happen.

I believe that a psychiatrist will assault a patient, just like one did me at my duty station. I am having a hard getting anyone else to believe it, but it happened. I was nineteen at the time, not that dumb and stupid anymore.

I can't get that one, but I am ready to get those two lying crooks at the medical center that did my C&P.

They didn't have to make up lies to get rid of me.

I still think that the R.O told them to get rid of me.

I aready had the More Likely than Not C&P and I did not need another one within 5 months for same illness.

Makes no sense to me.

I will defintely contact you, if I get a No from the AMC, as well as getting a lawyer to handle this mess.

Thanks a bunch!

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

Right-

You might get better results telling your Congressman and Senators what problems you are having.

My plan is to file with the VA IOG assault Complaint first then send a copy to the congressman

and in the other case all the procedural errors and not folling the manuals to the Cogressman for forwarding to the IG, this was his idea so I will let him forward the complaint to the IG