Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P for IU

Rate this question

gs106

Question

Is there any chance of being awarded IU if the C & P examiner states that "this condition should not impact sedentary labor"?  It seems to be a standard statement for all my disabilities.  The following are his statements regarding the effects on my ability to work. 

cervical spine: This condition can result in the veteran being unable to lift or carry, may impact veteran's ability to flex his neck as might be required while working physical labor Simple motions of the neck which may be required during physical or sedentary work may exacerbate symptoms and necessitate the avoidance of some motions, further limiting physical labor however not impacting sedentary labor. This condition should not impact sedentary labor.

both  shoulders:  Physical labor: This condition can negatively affect the  Veteran's ability to  lift, carry, push, or work overhead due to pain and decreased  ROM.  Sedentary labor: This condition should not impact sedentary labor.

both knees:   Physical labor: This condition can negatively affect the  Veteran's ability to ambulate, lift and carry heavy objects, kneel, as well as climb  ladders and  stairs.  Sedentary labor: This condition can negatively affect the Veteran's ability to  sit for prolonged periods of time without getting up to walk  around. However  can participate in sedentary labor.This condition should not impact sedentary labor.  

Radiculopathy, LUE: This condition results in decreased agility, decreased strength, and pain. Each of these may impact the veteran's ability to lift or carry, or use his upper extremity for any activity. Simple motions of the neck which may be required during physical or sedentary work may exacerbate symptoms and necessitate the avoidance of        some motions, further limiting physical work however not sedentary employment. This condition should not impact sedentary labor.

I also have bilateral carpal tunnel with regular use of wrist braces but it appears that the examiner lumped the employment question about carpal tunnel with radiculopathy.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

It's there a psych component to your disabilities, or just physical? My physical c and p was like this but my mental c and p noted work deficiencies.

Only physical... the IU claim was for the disabilities listed.  I don't expect it to be approved, just curious to know if the "this condition should not impact sedentary labor" statement is standard for VA.