Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim at Pending Decision Approval for Months

Rate this question

ejoys29

Question

My claim has been at the Pending Devision Approval Stage for months. I kept calling the 1-800 number to check on the progress. The representatives basically read the description for Preparation for Decision verbatim as it reads in eBenefits. Today, I called the VA Office of the Secretary for Benefits in DC and was told that my claim was previously in Preparation for Decision (still says so in eBenefits.) However, it seems as if the supervisor sent it back to the rater and he couldn't see any percentage or recommendation in the system. There is nothing in the system that says that more information is needed from me or any clinicians/appointments. Is there anything I can do at this point? Can the VA move the claim along? I'm panicking.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

If this is an appeal (to the BVA and it sounds like that), then you need to know that BVA appeals take about 3-4 years from filing the NOD, according to the BVA Chairman's report.  http://www.bva.va.gov/Chairman_Annual_Rpts.asp

Its an unfortunate situation as to how the VA responded to the "million man" Veterans claim backlog.  Now, there are hundreds of thousands of claims at the BVA, since they mostly just denied or "closed" the claim without a decision, like they did mine.