VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hearing Loss And Tinnitus

Rate this question

JohnM

Question

Yesterday we recieved a doctors report back to 1988. We totaly had forgotten about this Dr. and he his passed away now, but did recieve his report.

IT states that patient has hadd a progressive hearing loss over the last number of months. ( I am sure he meant to say years) John was discharged from service in 1972. His hearing was getting worse as years went by so I got him to see this Dr.

Question 1. Will this statement hurt him in anyway?

HE was around jet engines causein an irrtitation and sicomfort with some ringing. He is also around lound noise now and concerned about high tone discrimination loss.

Question 2. What about this statement?

PE: ENT is not remarkable.

IMP: Newurosensory loss, High tone, Traumatic.

REC: Noise exposrure diminished and to see us pending symptoms for followup. Neurologically negative.

Question 3. John never went back for followup. Will this be of any use.

PI: This patient has had some fullness and ringing in his right ear. he has been on medication with improvement and was seen this date . He has a mixed hearing loss.

PE: examination today shows an ethmoiditis, low grade nasopharyngiits ( Sinuses and inflammation of nasal passages and of the upper part of the pharynx)

Question 4. This shows that John has upper respeitory problems which we also filed for. And it should be on SMR In VietNam because he was grounded for 4 days. Will any of this eveidince help or hinder?

We do not plan on useing it as of now until we get a rating and if they come back with a denial for hearing loss and tinninus I thought this would be good evidence for NOD. What do you all think?

Need your opinion?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

JohmM,

We do not plan on useing it as of now until we get a rating and if they come back with a denial for hearing loss and tinninus I thought this would be good evidence for NOD. What do you all think?

Why would you not want to send these reports to VA for them to consider?? As I said in a post earlier to someone else, you would kick yourself in the a$$ if the VA denied the claim(s), then went through the long appeals process submitting these statements as additional evidence in which the VA in turn granted the claims on the basis of the statements you had all along!

IT states that patient has hadd a progressive hearing loss over the last number of months. ( I am sure he meant to say years) John was discharged from service in 1972. His hearing was getting worse as years went by so I got him to see this Dr.

Question 1. Will this statement hurt him in anyway?

This evidence could go along way in showing continuity of treatment!

Question 4. This shows that John has upper respeitory problems which we also filed for. And it should be on SMR In VietNam because he was grounded for 4 days. Will any of this eveidince help or hinder?

It all depends on what respitory condition your husband has or will claim. It's hard to tell with the info you provided.

Vike 17

JohnM,

stated, " We do not plan on useing it as of now until we get a rating and if they come back with a denial for hearing loss and tinninus I thought this would be good evidence for NOD. What do you all think?"

Well what are you going to do with this evidence if you don't submit it? Use it for toilet paper?

USE IT NOW.....WHY TAKE THE CHANCE OF A DENIAL.......COME ON FOLKS COMMON SENSE SHOULD PREVAIL

I do have a lot of common sense, the problem here is the VA Doctor we had seen for his C&P heaing exam has stated that his hearing loss is not due to service connection, although it is on SMR's . And because we have not had a rating as of yet I was not sure on what to do. and I do not know if this will help us support our claim. That is why I was wondering if we should wait and submit it for knew material.