Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTS C&P Exam Monday

Rate this question

Dennis1989

Question

Hello everyone,

I've been dealing with uncomfortable emotions since I returned home from my final deployment about a year ago. I've noticed an incredible sense of disconnect, anxiety and depression. I spent almost 7 years in the Infantry with 31 months over seas, 24 being in Afghanistan with only about 8- 10 guys living out of isolated strong points. We called it strong point warfare and it was extremely kinetic. I loved all the fire fights, camaraderie, air support, being a grunt. We had many replacements due to WIA and KIA... it was rough. Now, I live a very uncomfortable life and I'm incapable of relating or communicating with anyone. I just want to be alone, all the time.

I received some behavioral health attention while still on active duty but that was all. I haven't been diagnosed prior to this exam. The VA has requested that I attend my C&P exam, given my dd- 214 and stressor letter. I made my claim on E benefits in September and received my appointment slip exactly 2 months later. I believe that's quick and I'm grateful that the VA has wasted no time. 

I just wanted to paint a picture because it is helping me prep for my exam. I will be going to the VA in Salisbury, North Carolina. Wish me luck! Let me know if any one has any tip's or words of advice. Thank you all in advance!

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question