Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

mistake on claim for PTSD and IU

Rate this question

DD0351

Question

when my app in for IU they made a mistake and put me in for an increase for PTSD but i never put in for an increase, so how do i get them to remove the increase because they want to set up another appt for the ptsd increase but im already at 70% and i don't wanna try to increase it, just wanna try and get IU since i was asked to resign from my job

As far as I know that when a veteran files a claim for IU, VA will review the veterans service connected disabilities to see if the veteran disabilities warrants an increase. Either way VA will most likely  set up a new C & P exam to determine if any of the veterans service connected disabilities actually cause him/her to be unemployable

When you put in for IU it unfortunately opened up anything you have for them to review. It is possible they may see if you qualify for PTSD 100% rather then UI. Maybe you can find out more by calling Peggy.

No matter what you claim, when it gets to the RO, they have the option to open any rating for review.

You don't have to request it, just the claim for consideration of IU is all they need to push for a reevaluation.

7 hours ago, R3dneck said:

When you put in for IU it unfortunately opened up anything you have for them to review. It is possible they may see if you qualify for PTSD 100% rather then UI. Maybe you can find out more by calling Peggy.

Who is Peggy and how can I get ahold of her

thanks