Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retro pay for contentions

Rate this question

Navy4life

Question

I have a question....

I was awarded S/C for some contentions back in June 2014 - rated at 40% and at that time there were other contentions "deferred".

I was then awarded for S/C for some contentions in November 2014 - rating went up to 60% and there were contentions I was denied on.  I put in for an NOD and that is where I currently sit.

My question is, if I WIN to get my S/C for some of those contentions that were denied in November 2014, what effective date will my award go back to?  The original one was December 1, 2013 and has been my date on both my 40% and 60% award letters.

Also, if I win the addition %, for example additional 20%, how much retro would I be looking at?

These contentions were filed in my original filing back in May 2013.....

1 minute ago, Navy4life said:

Pete;

You never actually answered my question.  I asked if I get S/C for my contentions, what would be my effective date.  I understand no one can predict which is why I put 20% as an example to answer my question b/c that % would put me to 70%

My question is, if I WIN to get my S/C for some of those contentions that were denied in November 2014, what effective date will my award go back to?  The original one was December 1, 2013 and has been my date on both my 40% and 60% award letters.

Also, if I win the addition %, for example additional 20%, how much retro would I be looking at?

Just as the rating percentage there are times when VA comes up with their own effective dates.  I know you want it to be the earliest date as possible but there are no guarantees with VA.  By telling you that VA will go back to your original date of claim is just pure speculation because there are times when VA will go by a C & P exam, old or new or something else.  If you win, there is a strong possibility that you will get some retro but who could say how much that will be. It would really depend on the date VA agreed of your service connection. I am just trying to make it as plain as possible for you that no one can tell you that information.  You will have to wait.