Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Estimated Completion Date ?

Rate this question

green

Question

For those of you in the know...

I have been service connected at 60% for over 20 years.  In December of 2014 I filed a fully developed claim on Ebenefits for 10 contentions, all are secondary to my primary disability.  I am expecting the award to be 100% (combined).

Although it sounds complicated it really isn't:

• 5 contentions are related to peripheral neuropathy (different limbs).  (C&P states moderate damage but EMG notes two nerves affected in each foot which wasn't covered in the C&P documentation)
  • Two contentions are for autonomic neuropathy and the RO will need to decide which code to use to rate it (IBS or something else).
  • Two contentions are for diabetic retinopathy;
  • and I have an SMC-K contention as well. 
  • I've had my C&P exams completed over 5 months ago and all concurred with the greater than 50% probability question.
  • I had excellent medical records with supporting documentation

So here I sit waiting, they recently updated Ebenefits so that we now have estimated completion dates again (2/12/16 - 5/12/16) where it used to state no date.  Any idea what could be taking so long, do they ever wait until a vet is over age 55 to rate?

Green

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Hey Green,
FDC's were intended to speed things along. I don't have any idea why your shotgun claim would take so long. Which RO handles your claims? On the bright side, you are less than one month out from the earlier date in the estimation.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.