VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DAV Unofficial Letter to VA Letter Timeline?

Rate this question

AppealingMarine

Question

Hey all,

I was notified on December 1st 2015 of my upgrade to my claim by the DAV. I have been searching the internet for a reasonable timeline and it seems most posts will receive their official VA letter and retro within a month of the DAV unofficial letter. Is this true? I was looking to see what other people have had to wait for a timeline especially with the holidays recently.

Also I was wondering what I should check for first to see if my claim is done. On ebenefits, nothing has moved since 2014 (even though my exam was 2015). Should I keep checking that site or my bank account? I know this seems anxious but I have been in this process for over 5 years now and just want it over with.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

That sounds about right in my opinion, my father is also a disabled veteran with DAV as reps, andci believe he received the DAV letter and retro within two weeks of each other, the letter from VA came right after he received the retro pay.

On 1/21/2016 at 8:59 PM, AppealingMarine said:

Hey all,

...Also I was wondering what I should check for first to see if my claim is done. On ebenefits, nothing has moved since 2014 (even though my exam was 2015). Should I keep checking that site or my bank account? I know this seems anxious but I have been in this process for over 5 years now and just want it over with.

In eBenefits, check "manage" your documents and letters.  You will see things like your "Commissary Letter", Summary of Benefits, etc.

That is how I found my info this past month.  I have been TDIU from early Dec. 2015 BUT still have NOT received an "official" rating letter from the VA.  Got a small retro and monthly 100% $$$ in December 2015 but no letter.  Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock...  FWIW, I still have 2 more appeals "pending", even after being awarded TDIU.  Very strange... and typical VA.