Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I got a date for travel Board Appeal

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

Date, travel Board Appeal: March (? -8) 2016. I think it's correct date without looking again. So, I guess I have to take  the reps I ended up with in Oregon, who are horrible (dirty rotten bad!) and refused to listen when I transferred, I got yelled and lectured, they refused to listen that I already had appeals... I finally haired someone else, then was told it was to late since the appeal was going so they an only advise me from behind. Nightmare? I am so sick, hope I make it been internally bleeding a lot with pancreatic disease!

Edited by retiredat44

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg

4 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I am not sure if this will help much, but were the reps you ended up with local or from the RO?

I had one local rep who was excellent and retired, but the others were crap. When I went before the traveling board and later before a DRO, the RO reps helped. 

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

I have top chat with my rep at the Salem VA office, in a week, (the last time they bungled the chat and refused to listen... so I have to go through this again), in preparation for the Hearing in March.

re: the 1151: which I filed by myself because the VA refused to help me file, I took Berta's advice, continuing my claim and appeal, and also have a copy of a couple 1151 type claims, similar to mine.

http://www4.va.gov/vetapp01/files03/0122585.txt

It kills me, my mind can no longer think properly been sick to long, too much hell and suffering. I will pack up the boxes and notes again.

I have many issues to fight for, so I just take my meds and go through this nightmare a few more times. I have other avenues if I have problems with the current claims. But, again,. the pancreas disease is to much for me, I am just glued together with meds, my brains foggy. The morphine keeps the pain from overwhelming me.

So, going to a meeting with VA rep, then March the Traveling Board hearing..

That's it. Nothing to memorize, as I have truth on my side.

Thank you for all of the help. Hope my body stays together a few more weeks.!

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg

Hang in there Steve!

You had posted a statement in a S0C that was dynamite, as to the 1151 issue.

I remember one of the BVA claims that was exactly like yours.

I might even still have that SOC statement.

I did find this  that I saved in my older PC docs:

"http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?/topic/48047-today-my-gi-doctor-blamed-teh-va-for-my-necrotizing-pancreatits/

AND

Posted 01 April 2011 - 02:29 PM

I forgot to add to my post

“Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) remains the most common cause of iatrogenic pancreatitis [1]. Studies have shown post-ERCP complications were responsible for greater than 65 percent of malpractice claims [2, 3]. “

http://americanmedic...ctice-case.html

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?/topic/43149-depression-questions/

http://americanmedic...ctice-case.html

To add    -the term “Iatrogenic”means caused by a doctor or medical procedure."

I hope others here will take the time to look over these links and give you support on the 1151 issue.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

All I found in my old docs is this, as a reply here at hadit some years ago:

"In the partial SOC he posted years  at hadit it stated:

“The VA examination shows a diagnosis of status post necrotizing pancreatitis secondary

to endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography with residual chronic pancreatitis. “

This excerpt from a lawyer's web site says:

“Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) remains the most common cause of iatrogenic pancreatitis [1]. Studies have shown post-ERCP complications were responsible for greater than 65 percent of malpractice claims [2, 3]. “

ERCP- endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography

"iatrogenic"  most probably due to medical error.

As VA stated in the older post with the SOC statement above

the necrotizing pancreatitis is secondary to the ERCP procedure which they buggered in Steve's case and in the case of one of the BVA decisions I found for him.

Either this was and still remains one of the most obvious cases of 1151 VA Negligence I have ever seen, based the info posted here from the veteran over the years, or

I guess I am going nuts.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.