VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IMO letter for upcoming NOD

Rate this question

Navy4life

Question

Okay I think I have a solid letter for my upcoming NOD Review Hearing. NOD Letter Redacted.pdf

Does this look good enough for my upcoming NOD? NOD 11.18.14_Redacted.pdf  I think he connected the dots for the following contentions:

1. Status post avulsion fracture, 5th Metatarsal, right foot - read why it was denied.  Here is my ISSUES and CONCERNS.  This fracture occurred when I was 8 months pregnant in 1996.  I was taken to Ft. Belvoir and they put me in a cast.  I gave birth to my daughter while in the cast.  MY PROBLEM....No SMR's to back this up!  I have requested them since 2014 to no avail.  I have the documentation where I requested the records but so far no luck. My podiatrist in my IMO letter attached indicates the fracture is old and s/c it to my AD injuries...Is this good?

2. Left Foot strain with Morton's neuroma - Read why it was denied. This I believe I have a good leg to stand on LOL - I went through my SMR's submitted and there are several pieces of evidence to support this claim.  When I fractured my L ankle (Talus Hawkins I) back in 1991/92 there are notations on my medical records AD that I had numbness at the base of my L foot/toe.  I previously provided this, along with my outside podiatrist DBQ's citing I had this condition and it had been since the 90's that I was suffering from it.  What do I do here to prove this contention should be S/C?

3. Right Ankle Sprain - read why they denied it.  I have SMR's that were submitted to back this up yet it was denied.  I am not sure what "new" evidence" I can supply?  Should I reiterate the already existing evidence?  The denial indicates I had issues but I don't constitute a S/C.  I also have DBQ's from my outside Podiatrist stating that my L/R ankles have synovitis.  I was S/C 10% for my L ankle so why not my right????

Here is the Denial Letter .pdf

Thanks!

Edited by Navy4life

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

1 answer to this question