VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally Completed eBenefits Claim after 9 months of Agony!

Rate this question

CoastieAirman96

Question

Hello fellow vets! I just wanted to take the time to share the news of fiiiiinally finishing my ebenefits claim withiut VSO assistance. I must say, although it has been daunting throughout the 9 month process (since 5-24-15) starting it, I feel relieved that I was able to submit every piece of evidence  that was needed in support of my current 80% Combined Rating (70% TBI w/Res (in-service injury) & 30% MDD) to be increased while adding:

1) New claim for PTSD-Secondary to Pers Asslt/non-combat (Submitted ALL categorically req'd evidence)

2) Increase to TBI w/resid Submitted (1st time medical evidence of TBI which occured in 1992 prior to my USCG service TBI due to personal asssult in 2000

3) Increase to MDD that has worsened since my 2007 original award (10%) & 2008 NOD award (curr 30%)

4) Unemployability claim with ALL categorically required medical evidence, supporting statements, employmnt history w/ reasons for lvng attributed to my SC conditions as the primary cause, police reports, education docs, all to show proof of how my SC conditions have totally impaired my ability to gain and/or maintain substantial employmnt but how sedentary work & the workplace is signficant hazard or imposes significant stress so much to where Im unable to work.

With that being said, my VA mental health treating docs said the DBQ process is now handled thru our C&P occuaptional health ofc located at the VA hosp tht i go to. To warrant a possible C&P exam or not-- if there is enough VA med evidence history (past&curr) to suggest any of my above claims request is sufficient without examination being needed or not, the C&P ofc rep had to send my DBQS upstairs to the mental health team for for completion & be sent to VARO for decision.

Ya Sr Chief, im really not looking forward to how things shake out good or bad at this point when it comes to last weeks mess. In fact, I went to VAMC this morning and filed a request to change my PCP thanks to her lack of interest it seems of what has been going on as of late. I can never get an appt with her when needed like when I needed to see her following my entry into a local hospital 3 wks ago due to terrible pain (sharp needle-like) numbness & tingling all in my right hip, thigh & my knee and i tried following up with her as my PCP & her front ofc asst gave me the runaround in getting an appt. Im 39 y/o and whats worst is that, for the past 8 years, i am & have been prediabetic & hyperlipidemic and I have slowly started to experience other symptoms of type 2 diabetes over the last 2 yrs and yet she this doc & I've felt she doesnt give a sh**. So, i took upon myself to request a change  in VA PCP & Mental hlth therapists that i see regularly but im keepn the same VA psychiatrist, she's been consistently helpful since i began seeing her last June. Im just hoping me switching VA providers doesnt cause my current claim any probs.

Checked ebennies earlier today & seen that my claim has moved up by a wisker to the "gathering evidence" stage, requesting/awaiting VA Med Recs from OKC VA. I dont feel so hunky doorey like i prolly should but I'll take it because Im sure it can go backwards at the drop of a dime...lol Anyhoo...im a just keep pedaling ahead till the chain breaks ?