Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Brain injury not TBI from SC AO IHD CABG

Rate this question

Mike_S

Question

I've never used that many acronyms in my life but I wanted the subject to be descriptive.

C&P exam Cardiologist stated ihe injury/stroke more likely than not caused by or during MI or stroke. It has taken 10 years to put it all together and the VA was not of much help. I didn't know why I could no longer write computer programs or do any math (my job).

In addition to all of the IHD secondary connections I could make, I also filed for TDIU.

How can this injury be rated, like a TBI? Your best guess is fine because this does not fit in any of the boxes the VA wants filled out. More likely than not was a better start than I expected. The Cardiologist stated I could not do a physical job but I COULD do a desk job. I had a desk job and I needed my brain to do it.

Thank you for any thoughts about this.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA can use what they term an analogous rating or code. What that might be is beyond me. But, they should use the one that is most favorable, something that they haven't always done.

The bit about computer programming hit a sensitive spot! I also wrote, modified and debugged programs until I had a heart attack induced by a treadmill test, and then a CABG.

At the time, separate from work, I was developing a program that was specifically for reading and writing Midi data dumps to/from Yamaha keyboards to an Apple II+. I had the required relocatable machine code to do this more or less complete, and had just started thinking about the user interface code. I wanted the machine code to be such that FP Basic could "call" it, and so forth. In order to do this, memory normally used as graphics display memory had to be used to avoid conflicts. A side effect was that the data could be showed as changing color blocks on the graphics screen as it was moved around, 

Afterwords, I found that the ability to see beyond the code immediately in front of me and the tie together was almost lost. 

Edited by Chuck75

So I'm not the only one.

Did they diagnose a stroke at the same time? My stroke was never diagnosed until I had an MRI done at my expense for something else the VA would not do or continued to drag its feet. I had a Neuropsych exam that really opened my eyes and I could put my finger on the problem. It was recommended in those notes that I see a Neurologist but nobody ever followed through.

I only saw this when I requested my medical records and saw it for the first time.