VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back paint/Knee Secondary to Flatt Feet cases

Rate this question

Jynnette

Question

Good Afternoon Ms. Berta,

I wanted to ask you if you remember the BVA case for the response you gave  to another veteran on  (" BVA  decision here for a vet who started out with SC flat feet, which progressively weakened his knees, caused chronic back pain, severe hip pain, and more to the decision but he was finally awarded TDIU for all that)." 

because I am having all the same problems as this BVA case you spoke about.  All the way back to my MEPS, my initial diagnosis was "Mild and Asymptomatic Pes Planus", It was noted on my MEPS records.   I continued to have issues through my military career and now that I am out it has worsen greatly, the exact symptoms as the other veteran you mentioned.  I am getting ready to submit my documentation for "for back pain/knees secondary to flat feet, I would like to remain working as it helps me with my other service connection disabilities and I am not looking for TDIU at this time,  but I wanted any advise you could give me,  and also how I could see the BVA case you commented on or cases.  I have found some citations but not that one yet.  My doctors (back, foot and knee have noted on my medical records at the VA that they have concurred that they feel most likely that this is due to my flat feet coming into the military.  Any guidance would be so appreciated.

its been a long road..

Thank you Berta

1 answer to this question

Jynnette, if I can find that case I will put it here but I think maybe that was on the older hadit board.

" My doctors (back, foot and knee have noted on my medical records at the VA that they have concurred that they feel most likely that this is due to my flat feet coming into the military" . That is excellent advice for them to be claimed to what I assume is SC pes planus.

I had a chronic back ache for decades, with no cause in my back found...then I saw a podiatrist, and with his prescription orthonics my back aches completely went away 24 hours after wearing them in my shoes. (if I shovel snow or do yard work I still wear a back brace however).

I will try to find the case you mentioned and, I am a civilian so I don't know how they would rate these secondarys ( It would be in the VA Schedule of Ratings here at hadit,  but the biomechanics of foot, ankle, knees, hips amd back can often be all related  a primary foot condition, causing

additional problems.

Edited by Berta