VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Memorial Day Vets Freebies, discounts

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

Add yours to the list if you have one:

Memorial Day is May 30. It's a time set aside to honor those who lost their lives in the service of their country.

It's also become a time for people to thank active duty military personnel and veterans for their service to America. Some stores, restaurants and attractions offer freebies, deals and discounts for both current and former military personnel. It's always good to check with individual merchants to ensure their participation and make sure you have military identification.

Here are some of the best Memorial Day offers:

Restaurants

Applebee's: Up to 10 percent off with valid military ID.

Cinnabon: Save 15 percent at participating locations daily with your military ID.

Dunkin' Donuts: Take 10 percent off all online orders every day with your Veterans Advantage membership.

Hooters: Present military ID at Hooters on Memorial Day and for a free burger, buffalo chicken salad, or 10-piece wings.

Lone Star Steakhouse: 20 percent off on Mondays, and 10 percent all other days of the week with valid military ID.

McCallister's Deli: Free meal to all active duty military. Includes complimentary entrée, drink and dessert on May 30.

McCormick & Schmick's: Active-duty military and veterans can get a free entrée for dinner or lunch on Monday, May 30. The options include buttermilk fried shrimp, parmesan crusted chicken, beef medallions, or beer battered fish and chips.

Outback Steakhouse: 10 percent off with valid military ID.

Red Robin: Free appetizer with any $10 purchase all weekend. You have to be a Red Robin Royalty member to qualify and can sign up here.

Shoney's: One All-American Burger with fries is available to each guest with military ID on Memorial Day.

Texas Roadhouse: Receive up to 30 percent off depending on location with valid military ID.

Attractions

Museums: More than 2,000 museums around the country offer free admission to active-duty military and their families from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. You can find participating museums here.

National Park Service: Current U.S. military members, dependents of deployed members of the armed forces and most Reservists and National Guard members can get a free annual pass year-round with military ID.

Walt Disney World Resort: Four days military promotional tickets with park hopper option is $196 plus tax. Purchase through Dec. 16 for use now through Dec. 19.

Zoos: Many zoos, including the Birmingham Zoo, offers free admission for all active duty and retired military and their dependents on May 28 from 9 a.m.-May 30 at 5 p.m.

Other

Lowe's  Year round 10% Discount for Active Duty, Disabled Vets, retired.  

General motors: Active duty, reservists, retirees, veterans and their spouses can receive the General Motors military discount on Chevrolet, Buick, and GMC vehicles through May 31.

Hyundai: Hyundai is doubling its usual $500 military discount for active, retired or veteran military members and their spouses for all eligible 2015, 2016 and 2017 model-year new Hyundai vehicles.

Lowe's: A 10 percent military discount to active duty military members and retired veterans, or VA recipients. Valid military ID required.

Nike: Save 10 percent at Nike.com and U.S. Nike retail stores throughout the year as an active duty, retired or reserve member of the armed forces.

Under Armour: Veterans and active duty service members receive 15 percent off with valid UA Troop ID from May 24 to May 31. You can find out more here.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

WOW long list ..... also many VAMCs like mine are having a nice Memorial Day service and I believe they will have the VA bus ready to take people up to the cemetery. It is quite a climb if you walk, and very difficult to park on Big Holidays like tomorrow is.

When I got home from church today  it was almost 95 degrees out and I was about to take a dip, and suddenly like yesterday , it started to rain and then we had a violent thunderstorm. We are still under a Thunder /lightening watch.

The last memorial Day service I went to at the Bath NY VA...it was hot but beautiful , blue sky and a few clouds like this AM was and this is a gorgeous historic VA with a lovely cemetery ,but just as a prominent guest speaker got to the outdoor podium, to speak, an enormous thundercloud moved over the sky fast and it began to pour in bucket loads and it was hard for us to get the vets in chairs back into the VA for cover. I think they had made the fly over ( they drop a big  wreath in the cemetery) but it turned out to be a great day anyhow ,they made a fabulous meal for all the VA patients and I stayed there for a few hours in the recreation hall ,talking to vets.

We just got a flash flood warning too and the Bath VA is surrounded on two sides by the Cohocton River. But it hasnt

flooded there bad yet.

There are no words to really ever describe  how grateful I am for the service of so many deceased veterans, back to the Civil War at my local VA,

and for the sacrifices all of you have made. It was nice to hear God Bless America and some other patriotic songs in church this AM.

We have many vet members and about 6 members in Active duty. A retired Lt Col. (Desert Storm)member led us into prayer after the singing.

I hope you all have a Great  and Safe Holiday!!!