VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just found out I have osteoarthritis

Rate this question

snow1wave

Question

So I found out I have osteoarthritis in my lumbar spine, which is convenient because I am going to my 1st c&p exam tomorrow. I added osteoarthritis on the ebenfits, I am under a year out, but I dont have anything about osteoarthritis in my records. Would they service connect it because I'm under a year out? Its mild so I'm not expecting anything, just want it on file incase it gets worse one day. 

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Veterans out less than a year who file a claim are automatically scheduled for a general medical exam. This exam is comprehensive and the doctor should ask you about any physical problems you may be having. Be sure to tell the doctor about the osteoarthritis, and if you have a diagnosis from a private physician be sure to submit it. This will probably kick you out of the fully developed claim category, but you do not want to omit medical evidence that is in your favor.

As for the likelihood that they will service connect you for it will be determined by how long you were in service and whether your entrance exam into the military indicated osteoarthritis was already present.

Yes there is, only one though, he told me to go to PT.

So I just came from my C&P, I think it went well, I'm not sure if he added the osteoarthritis, I think he did because about an hour after my exam, my rep called me asking for the doctors office I had my exam at to get the X-rays from them. He just checked my rom, and said it was poor.   Is there a way I can see what he wrote? 

After couple days of my C&P exam, I was able to view them using Blue Button on myVA. You will definitely have to wait couple days though and download all the records from VA.

1 hour ago, a_jan2002 said:

After couple days of my C&P exam, I was able to view them using Blue Button on myVA. You will definitely have to wait couple days though and download all the records from VA.

This would be true if the C&P was done at the VA.

If the C&P was contracted out, it will not show on the My Health eVet Blue Button download. You'd need to get your C-File, or the doc who performed the C&P MIGHT give you a copy, if you ask.

snow1wave, if you have it documented in service, have a current diagnosis, and within 1 year out, you should be good to go.

Do you also have any pain or numbness down your legs? If so, you should get 2 ratings, if that was also noted in the C&P. One for the osteoarthritis and one for the pain/numbness (radiculopathy).