VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Saturday Morning Call From DRO

Rate this question

gs106

Question

I received a telephone call from a DRO this morning....unfortunately I was at Walmart and had a hard time hearing her so I didn't ask her many questions.  She said they had combined all three appeals and should make a decision within a week.  She said it looked like I did a good job submitting evidence and she didn't think she needed anything else unless I wanted to submit something else.  I asked her if she had the nexus letter from my doctor reference sleep apnea and she said she did. I have read a lot about DRO hearings on this and other sites.  Is it unusual not to have a hearing?  Do they usually call the veteran directly and not go through the VSO?

I think your outcome will be positive. She was obviously working on it so that is a good sign. 

10% would be great for me on my fracture.  My DRO told me in our hearing that a feature, any fracture at a minimum is 0%  . 

Yes im in the decision phase from my DRO hearing. I think it went well. We will see. I have left toe condition, right ankle, and right fifth metatarsal under my NOD.  My fight has been since the day I filed in 2013. I did have an informal hearing. I think it went well. I provided N&M evidence to include a great letter from my podiatrist at the VA. I thought I would have heard by now but I'm being told by my DAV rep that Waco is really backed up. I am in RTR (ready to rate). I have a range date of March to September. I hope they finish it in that time frame and it's positive. 

Thanks to all who responded.  I just checked eBenefits and it says I am 100% total and permanent.  The benefit letter has the information shown below.  Does anyone know when the monthly award amount will change to $2906?  Will I receive a letter with the same information when I get the decision letter?  Can I use the eBenefits generated letter to take to the county auditor to get the property tax exemption?

You have one or more service-connected disabilities:   Yes

Your combined service-connected evaluation is:            100%

Your current monthly award is:                                      $1743.48

The effective date of the last change to your current award was:    April 1, 2016

You are considered to be totally and permanently disabled due solely to your service-connected disabilities:  Yes 

According to eBenefits everything was denied except sleep apnea.  That 50% got me to 100%.  I am happy...no more claims, no more appeals and it was all decided at the RO level.  I didn't have to appeal anything to BVA.

• HadIt.com Elder

gs106 Congratulations

Yes take the letter that states your 100% P&T  and your award letter to your local tax office...that tells the effective dates to when you became 100%. disabled  do this ASAP .

you should get you and your spouse a Goverment ID Card & Chapter 35 Benefits with Education Benefits  if she wants to go back to school and for your children...and also apply for your Free 10.0000 Life insurance...you should get a letter from the Insurance  but if they have the form in your packet  fill it out right away  there is a time limit.

you can get free auto tags -registration also or get them at a discounted rate..here in Dallas,Dallas County  they charge me 3 bucks.  but in some states it's totally free  not that I am complaining  it sure beats the 68 92 I use to have to pay each year...also if you hunt or fish  your License is free  just show the Dealer your 100% letter..actually take it with you when you apply for these free government benefits /you should check the Veterans 100% P&T benefits for your state  each state is different but some are about the same....you earned them buddy.

Again Congratulations

.........................Buck

Thanks Buck....I think the only thing I'll get here is a property tax exemption for my house and 2 vehicles.  I am divorced so none of the spouse benefits apply to me and my children are grown.  I am over 65 so I don't think I'm eligible for the life insurance but I'll check again.  I already have a permanent fishing/hunting license (over 65).  The tax exemptions will save me a lot of money.  My taxes are high even though I'm over 65.  I'm retired Army so I already have an ID card.  I got a lifetime national park card ($10) when I turned 65,  I will have to check on state park benefits...I believe South Carolina state parks are half price for anyone disabled. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger That  gs106