VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

CRSC Help (attached award letter)

Rate this question

asheth007

Question

Hello Hadit,

It has been about a year since my last post here.  I am trying to find out if I am entitled to CRSC and if it is based on what the VA says the rating is for?  Looking over my award letter I only see one thing that mentions a hazardous zone.  Should I submit all of them anyway or just the migraine would apply?

I am also not sure how the pay works for CRSC also.  I know the formula is complicated. 

Edited by asheth007

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

The pdf has a good web site link, and there is more info here:

Were any of your disabilities directly due to combat?

CRDP is automatic as the pdf explains, CRSC has to be applied for.

The Mil.com link above I believe also has the CRSC form.

A retiree can only elect one of these programs, and should elect the one most favorable to them.

The form is here:

http://www.dfas.mil/retiredmilitary/disability/applyforcrsc.html

AO Vietnam vets... dont forget that IHD, Parkinsons Disease, and Hairy Cell B Lymphoma  are Combat related disabilties for CRSC purposes.

4 hours ago, Berta said:

A retiree can only elect one of these programs, and should elect the one most favorable to them.

Hello Berta thank you for the response.

None of my initial ratings had anything that looked to be combat related and I never saw any that said combat related on my initial award letter.  However, my second award letter does have the following in regards to my migraine headaches.

Migraine - 30% Service connection for migraine headaches has been established as related to the serviceconnected disability of polymyositis (previously rated as fibromyalgia DC 5025).

We have assigned a 30 percent evaluation for your migraine headaches (related to:
environmental hazard in gulf war) based on:
• Characteristic prostrating attacks occurring on
an average once a month over last several months.

This is the only one that I feel meets the criteria word for word on CRSC I also know that training for preparation for combat also counts as well like a road march. 

4 hours ago, Berta said:

Hello Berta thank you for the response.

None of my initial ratings had anything that looked to be combat related and I never saw any that said combat related on my initial award letter.  However, my second award letter does have the following in regards to my migraine headaches.

Migraine - 30% Service connection for migraine headaches has been established as related to the serviceconnected disability of polymyositis (previously rated as fibromyalgia DC 5025).

We have assigned a 30 percent evaluation for your migraine headaches (related to:
environmental hazard in gulf war) based on:
• Characteristic prostrating attacks occurring on
an average once a month over last several months.

This is the only one that I feel meets the criteria word for word on CRSC I also know that training for preparation for combat also counts as well like a road march. 

I was in for 14 years 9 months.  I didn't make the 15 or 20 as I was medically retired.  I don't get any thing from CDRP I think I did before I reached 100% VA.  I am officially 60% DOD and 100% VA. 

Edited by asheth007