Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Completion date moved up in ebenefits but no C&P request yet?

Rate this question

anxiousinMD

Question

Just noticed in my ebenefits the completion date moved up about 10 days...but the status still hasn't changed from gathering of evidence and I still haven't been notified of a C&P...I don't know if this is good or not, I realize the completion date can bounce around but wondering why it would be moved up to 2 weeks from now in absence of a C&P (I'm positive I didn't miss it, I called and checked). When I called the 800 number they said it could have been an info request or a DBQ...can they fill out a DBQ without me? Has this happened to anyone?

Edited by anxiousinMD

6 answers to this question

@EODCMC wow well hopefully they aren't messing with us and your claim does get decided within the timeframe...I saw some posts where updates did change on weekends and late hours so it does happen...but I also saw posts where the timelines eternally bounced around :sad:

The Ebenefits site is just a general assessment of the case.  Don't think its a good idea to take that too seriously.  The best shot is to call the 800 number, do that if it does not show any change in status after maybe 60 days.

The C&P is situational.  You dont always have to have an Exam, but normally you do.  Also, if you do not have your address correct on their file, they can schedule the C&P and you wont even know that it was supposed to happen.  Keep your address up to date on the EBenefits web site.  Just because it is correct at every other VA agency in the world has no bearing on the VBA, your address will be exactly what it shows in your EBenefits account, be sure to update as needed.  C&P exams that are scheduled w/VHA will also show on your Health E-Vet account as well.  If the addy at the EB site is not the same, it will just show up and you will not get the notification because the notification will be sent to the EB addy, not your VHA addy.

There is no requirement VA schedule a C and P exam.  First, VA can decide there is already sufficient medical evidence in your file, and award benefits.  Next, VA can decide there is no chance a c and p will help..you will be denied anyway.  (For example, if you have a bad discharge, a favorable c and p exam wont help).  

Thank you @pwrslm and @broncovet. My addy is up to date and I check my health e-vet account regularly as well just in case looking for the C&P appt, I have heard how they like to deny based on no-show C&Ps even when notification was never received. I don't think I have an auto denial...so maybe I won't need a C&P...we shall see. Guess I will continue to "hurry up and wait."