Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DRO APPEAL/ NOD/HOUSEBOUND

Rate this question

Cricut

Question

Been reading this site for years. Great Info. Just joined today.

I applied for SMC s Housebound in April 2015. Got Denied in July 2015.  I filed A NOD for a DRO Hearing. NOD dated Aug 4, 2015.    I represent myself. Since june 2009 rated 70%, P&T, TDIU, SMC k.  For Severe Chronic PTSD, Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia,  Severe Anxiety, Bi-Polar, Depression. All Service Connected.  **I Already know that I Do Not qualify for SMC s rate on the 100%, plus 60% rule!!**   I am In fact Housebound.                            Last Sept the DRO sent for a C&P/DBQ. 3 days after that I went on Myhealthevet read the report. All In My favor all positive. I asked my VA Psychiatrist to fill out a VA Form 21-2680 ( not sure it the form number right). But the Form for HB/AA...  All In my favor again...  that's not counting the 2 foot thick folder I sent In for this claim.                                               ****My Question is:  The DRO Emailed me 6 weeks ago. He stated that If I had no further questions he was going to render his decision on Entitlement to Special Monthly Compensation at the Housebound Rate.  The same day I emailed back stated no questions. You can render your decision.***  Since then I called 1 800 Peggy. Lady stated I see a appeal that's all she said she sees. Which Is non sense. No updates on Ebenefits at all,  No SOC, and No Award letter.  I asked for a hearing and apparently I'm not gonna get that. I'd never get down there to begin with...                                       What could the DRO be doing with my claim??? 6 Weeks since he was going to Render his Decision??????   I check the Monday morning workloads. They have Done 136 Apeals in 6 weeks. I've heard Nothing...   Input Is Greatly Welcome.               Thanks In Advance, Cricut

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

That is always the question, "What could they be doing NOW?"

Regardless of DRO Review or Official Hearing, not unusual for the actual DRO to take 3 to 9 mos to mail out the Decision Letter. Take into consideration the possible size of any Retro Award. Anything over a certain figure, I think $25K, has to be signed off on by the Rating Dept MFIC.

Plus or minus, I think your in the $24K range for SMC S back to 09.

Then, there's always a possible Denial lurking around, which would require a SSOC be prepared to accompany your Denial Letter.

Not much you can do at this point, just try to relax, the old "It is what it Is."

I trust you have your Direct Deposit Bank/CU account set up for Immediate Txt/E-Mail notifications of all Financial Transactions. Retro Payments, in my experience (9 over past 6 yrs), always hit the bank well in advance of the actual Award Letter arriving.

E-Ben is actually starting to show fairly Real Time Award Info. My last 2 Awards  12/15 & 6/22/16 were reference within a couple days of the Decision, followed closely by Retro Deposits. 12/15 Award letter didn't arrive till mid 04 and 06 award letter followed Retro Deposit by 1 day.

Does your State have and are you getting the State DAV 100% or IU Property Tax Exemption?

Semper Fi