Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Ratings that the va sends you a letter for

Rate this question

load143

Question

Ok so I put in a claim to hopefully up my rating then I got a letter in the mail from the main VA office saying they found 3 other issues in my service records. 1) something to do with my feet. 2) my hearing ( I was Infantry of course theres some gone lol ) 3) a personal issue .....Why would the VA ask if I wanted to put in a claim for these issues? and what does it mean? Has this happen to anyone else? As for the claims I put in I ended up with 30% for IBS due to eneviromental Hazards aka burn pits   10% for aligeres and 30% for headaches which they attached that to my TBI Rating I already had before these claims I got out with PTSD 70%  lower back 10% and tbi 40% with ringing in the ears 10%

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Unless you have more money than you know what to do with, put in for those other claims the VA identified.  

Dont look this gift horse in the mouth.  Yes, they dont often do this, but apply unless you want to turn down money.  

If you have too much money, then apply for it anyway, and donate a portion of the proceeds to hadit (or, buy a subscription for no ads since she is apparently not accepting donations).  

I went ahead and files the papers for those 3 that the va asked me to claim  just was strange and wasn't sure if it was a way to tear down another rating to make me lower and didn't want to take the chance but they said that if they asked if I wanted them that they can't deny them they can rate them as 0% but they will have to service connect them at least but from what the dr said I should get a rating for my feet and a smc-k for my personal issue not sure on the hearing but we shall see. Thank you for your comment just freaked me out and didn't want to be set up

The VA has "criteria" for lowering your rating if you have improved.  If you have been rated OVER 5 years, OR permanent and Total, then they have to show "actual improvement" under ordinary conditions of life.  (That is, while working).  

I had some drs appts and xrays done last week and now it has moved to Prep for Decision and the strange thing is theres a request number 6 needed from me and all it says is Second Signature and that its no longer needed. But they never asked me to sign anything a second time and right now it says 10/11-11/12 is when its should be closed by

They were probably not looking for your signature.  Your claim must need a higher up to sign an approval, etc.

Are you sure the request is for you.  Mine have all been a "VA facility".

Anyway, sounds promising,

Hamslice

“There is no hook my friend. There's only what we do.”  Doc Holiday