Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Military Service Records

Rate this question

ROMAD

Question

Well the battle continues... I requested a copy of my Military service records from the Archives in St. Louis. I received a copy of my DD-214 and copies of my Medical Board results seperating me from the Air Force. Now I spent 11 years on active duty and had numerous changes in duty stations temporary duty assignments and tech schools I attended. And much more "stuff" than the 6 pieces of paper they sent me. So I called down there armed with my request number and after waiting about 10 minutes (not bad I am told) the woman came on the phone and asked me if I received the letter accomping my records I told her yes but they were incomplete and I was curious if there was another package enroute to me. She said no but let me check and see what is going on and I will call you later. She asked for my phone number and said she would call me back. So I did the naormal thing and asked her name and she informed me they don't give out their names... Now thats customer service.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Jangrin,

You raised a very good point.

I know that when I filed in 1978, the Va did not secure my medical or administrative records.

Is it possible that history has repeated itself.

Doesn't it seem strange, that I have secured two copies of the administrative records and the AMC does not have them?

Where are the Administrative Records kept when you have filed previous claims.

It has taken me a life- time to secure all of my records.

I was so pleased when the Archives located for my My Request and Approval for Transfer from the duty station that was so abusive.

I have been telling the Va. for 42 years of everything that happened and now the pieces of the puzzle are coming together.

If you know where the records are to be, please do let me know.

I am just grasping at straws.

I was to have an answer this month from the AMC, but someone forgot to put in their request for those stupid administrative records.

I have sent them two complete copies from the Archives in May and July.

There are absolutely no more medical records for me at the Archives.

I hate so much to have surgery on Monday for my thyroid - possibly cancer, and this claim to be so up in the air.

I am beside myself.

Always,

Joephine

Edited by Josephine