VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

800 confirmed my 100%!

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

The VA 800# confirmed my 100% rating but couldn't give me any details and just said it hasn't been sent out yet and/or is still being 'drawn' out. 1 Day to several months is the time frame the guy gave me for it being completed.... 

3 answers to this question

Congratulations!   Use this time wisely:  Consider carefully how you are going to spend your retro, and, of course, you dont want to spend it all.  I recommend save/invest 80 %, Give 10%, and spend 10%, that is, of course after you have paid any back bills first and off the top.  

1 hour ago, broncovet said:

Congratulations!   Use this time wisely:  Consider carefully how you are going to spend your retro, and, of course, you dont want to spend it all.  I recommend save/invest 80 %, Give 10%, and spend 10%, that is, of course after you have paid any back bills first and off the top.  

We really want to get a 2nd car. I don't go out when the wife is at work, but it would be nice to have that option. Especially with our son is starting kindergarten next year. Other than that; it's get past bills/loans taken care of and work towards having the credit score to get a VA home loan. Plus, a smidgen will go towards a better Christmas for our son.