VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

confused on claim status

Rate this question

Rita

Question

I am confused on my claim status the DAV sent a letter to me telling me of my increase, E-benefits shows my increase, but I go to open claims and it show this:

05/13/2016 Compensation 05/13/2017 Online Claim_received

So did someone reopen the claim, the DAV said I would receive back pay to May 15, 2016, have not seen that either, any thoughts?

Thanks Rita

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

check your Bank account   that's a good way to see.....   usually  any retro arrives before your decision packet.

SOME TIMES IT TAKES THEM A WHILE TO PLACE THINGS IN THE COMPUTER  & IT TAKES AT LEAST 3 DAYS BEFORE ITS IN E -BENEFITS.

• HadIt.com Elder

The date 5-13 2016  should be the date they go by for your retro  if this is when you first filed?

The 5-13 2017 is either an error  or your 1 year anniversary date. if this was an NOD decision  then  the 5-13-2017  would be your expiration date  on your claim  you have until 5-13 2017 to  have file.

not sure why they put that 5-13 -2017 date up? could be a dairy date for Exam? maybe?

Other members can chime in

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

well if this was a recent decision your VSO Rep (DAV) finds out first and sends you a letter  but VA Raters will wait like 2 weeks to get your packet together , after 2 weeks and you don't get your packet call IRIS or your R.O.   Let them know you have not recieved your decision packet and no retro in your bank account.  can they please check on this for you.