Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question

Rate this question

Kinfolk

Question

When I filed my claim I only filed for Left shoulder arthritis. I had my VA facility C&P exam last week and it states I have arthritis and  limited ROM on both shoulders and links both to military service. Will the VA go ahead and rate me for both shoulders or will they make me file for the right shoulder separately?

I'm kinda facing the same situation with my back increase claim and Radiculogpthy that was annotated in the examiners report.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

YOu have to "specify the benefit sought" to get benefits, with the exceptions of when the VA infers the claim.  NO one knows when/if they will do that.  

YOu can leave it to chance, or apply for the other shoulder.  I would do the later.  

• HadIt.com Elder

''I had my VA facility C&P exam last week and it states I have arthritis and  limited ROM on both shoulders and links both to military service. Will the VA go ahead and rate me for both shoulders or will they make me file for the right shoulder separately? ''

I think it mainly rest on the shoulders of the rater, if he/she sees where the C&P EXAMINER  link both shoulders to military service   the correct thing to do is rate both ,  but they can just rate the shoulder your claiming  so just have to wait and see?...if they just rate one shoulder NOD the decision.

jmo