VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Meds

Rate this question

sbrewer

Question

Hi,

I have a question about medicine. My husband is 50%, so he gets his meds from the VA, however, his diabetes does not seem to be getting under control with Metformin. Will the VA pay for a different diabetes medicine outside the VA if they do not carry it there?

Thanks,

sbrewer

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

If his doc will state to va that the formulary drugs do not result in effectively treating the vets condition

then the va doc could request non formulary drugs be provided. About a week ago I posted the regs on

non formulary drugs.

jmho,

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

SBrewer:

Your husband probably needs to add something like glyberide to help his control. The VA carries everything that he will need but he probably should get in a diabetes clinic as soon as possible.

Poor control of diabetes will lead to severe complications.

If his doc will state to va that the formulary drugs do not result in effectively treating the vets condition

then the va doc could request non formulary drugs be provided. About a week ago I posted the regs on

non formulary drugs.

jmho,

carlie

Carlie if you could post that non-formulary reg again, i woull appreceiate it, or if you could send it to my e-mail address.

My e-mail address: barbell102@yahoo.com

Patrick

PS. The VA clinic here in Manila, are cutting back so much on there drugs for vets. S/C and Non-S/C. you said that the VA doc can request Non formulary drugs be provded, i would like to show this to my VA doc.

Thank You