VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another Mri

Rate this question

mrstix

Question

Hello Brothers and Sisters,

In april my tricare PCM ordered a MRI on my cervacl spine C1_7 for a lot of pain and nummness on the right side of my neck, chest, and right arm, down into my right hand and fingers Results are Damaged areas

are C-3,4&5 herneated and degenerative. He would like for me to see a nuro-surgen?? I don't know about that. I have a claim on my lower back, legs and hips, 50% VA disabilty, I asked the Doctor could this be caused from my lower back injury " He said Yes" should I ask him to state that in a letter and request the VA to raise my increse my percentage??? My lower back injury "is service connected"and I will be receiveing CRDP the 1st of November. I am in need of all your help in this matter.

mrstix

USAF Retired

VN vet

D-Shield&Storm vet

Allied Force vet

all in countyr

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

:unsure: MrStix

You should ask your doctor to provide a letter giving his opinion that this is secondary to the lower back problem.

These phrases should be included in the letter:

"I have reviewed his Service Medical Records, from Induction to Discharge, and his current records since discharge".

"it is at least as likely as not that this is secondary to the lumbar condition".

Without these statements, the non-doctors at VARO will ignore the letter, and state that it is invalid because......

:rolleyes:

Edited by wallyg

You should as the Doc is backing you. Are you able to work?

Hello Pete53, Yes I do work at UPMC security officer Sat. and Sunday more or less fire watch and let the mail man in with Med's and the mail, nice easy set down job. Little extra gas money.

Thanks for your help and the best of luck to ya.

:unsure: MrStix

You should ask your doctor to provide a letter giving his opinion that this is secondary to the lower back problem.

These phrases should be included in the letter:

"I have reviewed his Service Medical Records, from Induction to Discharge, and his current records since discharge".

"it is at least as likely as not that this is secondary to the lumbar condition".

Without these statements, the non-doctors at VARO will ignore the letter, and state that it is invalid because......

:rolleyes:

Thanks wallyg, I am going to do it, thanks and take care.