Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Going To File 1151 Today

Rate this question

chief 313

Question

terry and berta have regular va appt today .will file a 1151 fof failure to diagnoss hairline fature in right ankel.also va failed to diagnoss ddd of spine l/4 and l5 buling disk and anular tear. va ortho made me do leg lifts to strength my kneesand i think futher damaged spine.filled out claim form will turn today.hope this does not affect my nods. terry and berta what do you think? regards chief 313

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Chief -they usually write Sec 1151 all over this type of claims file- and should keep it separate from your other stuff there-

but there is no time limit-filing 1151 --- you could wait if you feel it will hold up your other claims-

Edited by Berta

Hi Cheif,

We filed 1151 for similar condition.

We had just filed NOD for other S/C claims when we filed the 1151.

They sent a letter that the appeal would be on hold while they worked on the new claim.

We just got the decesion on the appealed s/c claims (denials of course.....) but still waiting on initial 1151 decesion.

Since we had just sent the NOD 1 month before the 1151 - I don't think it slowed the process on the appealed claim by much - but if your appeal has been in for some time - and you are in a hurry - I'd wait to file .

If your not in much of a hurry - or if your NOD was receintly sent in - then you should go ahead & file to get your earliest effective date.

Chief -they usually write Sec 1151 all over this type of claims file- and should keep it separate from your other stuff there-

but there is no time limit-filing 1151 --- you could wait if you feel it will hold up your other claims-