Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA Link- how I won some of my claims

Rate this question

Berta

Question

https://www.index.va.gov/search/va/bva.jsp

Aside from using info from the VBM by NVLSP ( since 1991) I have gained a significant wealth of knowledge from reading BVA decisions ----- I don’t even peruse the CAVC much , because BVA cites specific CAVC citations  in their decisions.

Summer limits my time here and also I am tired of posting BVA links….when anyone can easily search for what they need.

It takes a while to narrow down the search words but I found that 28 year retro CUE within seconds this AM there ( In the SMC forum)

This search feature ( which  I use almost every single day as time allows ) reveals the legal thinking patterns of the BVA lawyers at a level far higher than the goofs at the ROs who often are illiterate or want to be.

A BVA award similar to your claim,while it does not  stand as evidence for you, will contain a legal rationale that COULD be part of your evidence ( as I mentioned here when I won my DMII AO death claim in 2009

BVA was the way I got a five figure retro on my DMII claim.It was in a very old BVA case I had.

The General Counsel had to get involved however on that one.As soon as they did the check was in the mail ( not transferred to my bank as VA first said they would do, )it was under 4 inches of snow in my mailbox for 2 days.The door had blown open on the mailbox and I had so much snow I could not maker the trek to the mailbox down a little slope on my farm for 2 days.

I suggest all of us here start accessing BVA decisions to better advise members here. You an copy and past in quotes part of the decision that will help them and then add the BVA link to the whole thing in your replies.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Good information.  I too have used the BVA decisions.  Although they are not precedent they have illuminated the evidence needed that will lead to a successful conclusion.  

Good for you Toddt....that is why you are up to 90% now.

You said it better here than I did.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.