VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

new proposed budget by trump...

Rate this question

robert51

Question

on another site I was reading the new budget  for 2018 has a new rule included and its to stop IU payments to vets when they reach retirement age and collect SS this is said to affect over 400,000 vets myself included now that I am 66 I received 70 % PT for PTSD back in 2005  in 2006 I was awarded IU and looks like now I will go from 3,000 a month to 1450 a big cut... my SS is min at best as I worked on and off over the years so I am thinking its time to apply for an increase and try to get 100 % PTSD I have a few other issues but want to keep this simple.. So if this passes and looks like it will 2018 will be bad time for many vets... NO grandfather clause is included .. I keep seeing a private doctor from 2005 thru 2012 when I moved and still take 450 day of Seroquel and 100 mg Zoloft and have some pretty grim doctors reports any suggestions on trying for the 100%. I was told because I have so many years of doctors reports I should try a Fast track deal where I submit all my paperwork any suggestions

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
54 minutes ago, robert51 said:

on another site I was reading the new budget  for 2018 has a new rule included and its to stop IU payments to vets when they reach retirement age and collect SS this is said to affect over 400,000 vets myself included now that I am 66 I received 70 % PT for PTSD back in 2005  in 2006 I was awarded IU and looks like now I will go from 3,000 a month to 1450 a big cut... my SS is min at best as I worked on and off over the years so I am thinking its time to apply for an increase and try to get 100 % PTSD I have a few other issues but want to keep this simple.. So if this passes and looks like it will 2018 will be bad time for many vets... NO grandfather clause is included .. I keep seeing a private doctor from 2005 thru 2012 when I moved and still take 450 day of Seroquel and 100 mg Zoloft and have some pretty grim doctors reports any suggestions on trying for the 100%. I was told because I have so many years of doctors reports I should try a Fast track deal where I submit all my paperwork any suggestions

Good luck on your 100% Robert, it may save the day for you..

Edited by Jerrel