VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

White House Hot Line 855-948-2311 info

Rate this question

Berta

Question

We talked for over half an hour. I was very pleased to find the level of professionalism in the woman who answered my call after only 3 rings.

I dont know how many are manning the lines at the White House---but she told me right away what to expect...and although she didnt need my C file #, she did access my personal info via the SSA#

I raised many issues , complaints about Buffalo VARO and also some compliments for many entities that make VA Good when it is good.

Within 14 days I should expect a response from Secretary Shulkin's Office or the White House.

I told her right away this was not a claim issue and mentioned the most important things I wanted to discuss, referring them to my Feb 22 letters to Sec and Potus.

And what I want to see the VA do before I die.......................................one specific thing I have already mentioned to the H VAC.   Many times, even to their Chairman Filner by phone......many times.. so that was long ago....time to resolve that....

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Yes. The very first thing they do is state if you need to call a crisis center,they say hit # 7 and then you are redirected to a crisis counselor.

If the call is not about a claim, as mine was not , then since the point is to collect data from vets or claimants who are having problems and complaints with the VA, they would ask for more info so someone could look into the c.

We did discuss claims problems we see here everyday and I mentioned  2 or maybe 11 very serious problems I had with my specific VARO.(One with the director.)  I wanted a response to a letter I sent the Sec and POTUS because that response will shape my next letter.I became very emotional when I described the last 4 hours of my husband's life and what he wanted me to do if the VA "killed" him and then went into a little about that. 

I focused on a few problems and told her the evidence of that will be in my book (the bogus VA Crap) -because if VA tries to silence me, I want to know that ASAP to prepare my war plan.

I also had compliments for the VA  and for the many GREAT people I know who worked for VA. I was a Vet Center  and VA volunteer so they can check that too.

She said to expect a response from the Secretary's office or the White House in 14 days.

Knowing I was a civilian who did volunteer work for vets, she thanked me for my service as an advocate and said this was the type of call that gives them information they need to have to make the VA  better. I told her good, I have been waiting for over 30 years for that to happen..

Edited by Berta