Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got The Unofficial Answer

Rate this question

calnight

Question

dav called today told me that I went from 50% to 70% and awarded iu. 70% effect date is in july and the iu effective date is in aug i well be appealing the effective date for the increase to 70%. so the dav says merry x-mas and alot bs after that and the only thing I said was when i see it in writing I will believe it got to go my kids need me an hung up.

I had doc appt with my va shrink today and also a full physical done blood work and so on. I was told I have hypertension blood pressure very high they put me on meds for it. my question is can the hypertension be secondery condition to my ptsd the doctor said I was very young to have hypertension.I will keep everyone posted on what happens next. not until I see it in writing do I believe the va or the dav.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS NEVER GIVE UP AND IF SOMEONE TELLS YOU NO( USUALLY THE VA)THEN GET MAD YOU CAN MOVE MOUNTAINS WITH HATE IT IS ALSO EASY WHEN YOU HAVE PTSD. I HATE THE VA. TODAY I AM SITTING IN THE WAITING ROOM AT MENTAL HEALTH WAITING TO SEE MY DOCTOR AND TALKING TO SOME OTHER VETS AND TELLING THEM F%CK THE VA BUNCH OF LAZY ASSES THERE LOOKING AT ME LIKE I AM CRAZY BUT THERE IN THE MENTAL HEALTH WAITING ROOM ALSO. THEN OUT OF THE CORNER OF THE ROOM A OLD VET MUST OF BEEN ABOUT 90 YEARS OLD COMES OVER AND SIT DOWN BY ME HE ASKED HOW OLD I WAS I SAY 33 HE LOOKS AT ME AND SAYS MARINE RIGHT I SAY YEA HE SAYS ME TO. AND HE LOOKS FORWARD NICE AND CALM AND SAYS YEA F%CK THE VA. NO MATTER HOW OLD YOU ARE OR WHO YOU ARE NEVER LET SOMEONE ELSE TELL YOU WHO YOU ARE YOU HAVE A VOICE.

Guest terrysturgis

calnight, the real deal is the brown envelope from the VA. But it sounds to me like you won. DAV only calls for good news so the call is good. TDIU is great but did I wonder if you got P&T? Congrats! Terry Sturgis

Yes- I am sure they awarded P & T with the evidence here but this can be nodded if they didn't.

Calnight -this is wonderful news and I commend you on listing the evidence you had and how you fought this war game to victory!

I like what you said about "soft" evidence and "hard" evidence-big difference-

the soft stuff -as you said -should only enhance the stronger medical points.

This says it all:

"AND TO EVERYONE ELSE PURSING A CASE FOR YOUR BENIFITS MEDICAL EVIDENCE IS ALL THAT COUNTS"

That can never be stated enough at hadit.

"IF YOU FEEL THAT YOU ARE NOT GETTING WHAT YOU NEED FROM YOURDOCTOR AS FAR AS HIM STATING YOU CANT WORK BECUASE OF YOUR SC YOU NEED TO FIND ANOTHER."

I can't agree more although I know this too can be a battle-

we went through that- as a VA employee Rod got the VA employee shrink-

for 5 years there was no documentation other then the appointment schedule-

and no medications- as the VA shrink was a Psychologist and could not prescribe meds.

He didnt have a clue about PTSD. We had both established a relationship with him and I knew his wife- a VA employee too-lovely people but not appropriate medical care for my husband's PTSD.

The VA is trying to get out of resolving that part of my original Sec 1151 claim.

You also reminded me- I lost a CUE at the BVA in 1998 that the VA re-opened with a Motion for Reconsideration a few months ago-

PTSD causing HBP and heart disease.

The 5 years of lack of inapproprate PTSD care supported this claim.

I should focus on it- THANK YOU- I keep forgetting to do that---

and my vet rep doesn't understand any of it-

I think I could get a strong IMO for that connection with no problem-

That changed after Congressional intervention.Actually it changed radically-

it was the real PTSD shrink's treatment records that supported award for Rod's 100% PTSD claim.

Marine- you did move mountains-and as angry as you got- you turned anger into action---

I think your post is one of the most important posts here because you showed -step by step-the way to proper SC award.

And there is no such thing as too much evidence.

I say Surround the EN with it all. Semper Fi!

If any body knows how I can contact Dr. Joseph A. Boscarino , please e-mail me at Brewers@ftc-i.net.

Do you know of any studies from Dr. Joseph A. Boscarino that link Coronary Artery Disease to Major Depression? Or better yet, and Dr. who can do a IMO along those lines?

Thanks,

Stan

yes the hypertension can be rated as secondary to PTSD there are many studies showing the links, just know that if you file for it, you will be reopening the IU claim and they can then do anything they want, I however believe if you do it now, they would have a hard time justifying taking it away. Here are some of the links to the studies the BVA is accepting from Dr Boscarino http://mailer.fsu.edu/~cfigley/vets/docume...SDMortStudy.pdf and http://mailer.fsu.edu/~cfigley/vets/docume...IN2900-AM09.pdf good luck and congrats

• HadIt.com Elder

I am fighting the same fight my doctor wrote CAD as being secondary to PTSD and they denied it saying there is no literature yet CAD is hypertension and artherisclerosis combined into one term so you need to get your doctor to rewrite the letter stating that your hypertension and artherisclerosis is secondary to PTSD and get rid of the term CAD I am 100% P&T for PTSD but after 7 heart attacks and a stroke I want the heart disease SC to ensure my wife and son get the DIC benefits when I pass it isn't about no more money but I have a good nexus between the toxic exposures at Edgewood and heart disease and COPD besides the PTSD

I wrote the doctor once if I find his address again I will post it he does not write IMO's I asked