Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got The Unofficial Answer

Rate this question

calnight

Question

dav called today told me that I went from 50% to 70% and awarded iu. 70% effect date is in july and the iu effective date is in aug i well be appealing the effective date for the increase to 70%. so the dav says merry x-mas and alot bs after that and the only thing I said was when i see it in writing I will believe it got to go my kids need me an hung up.

I had doc appt with my va shrink today and also a full physical done blood work and so on. I was told I have hypertension blood pressure very high they put me on meds for it. my question is can the hypertension be secondery condition to my ptsd the doctor said I was very young to have hypertension.I will keep everyone posted on what happens next. not until I see it in writing do I believe the va or the dav.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

yes the hypertension can be rated as secondary to PTSD there are many studies showing the links, just know that if you file for it, you will be reopening the IU claim and they can then do anything they want, I however believe if you do it now, they would have a hard time justifying taking it away. Here are some of the links to the studies the BVA is accepting from Dr Boscarino http://mailer.fsu.edu/~cfigley/vets/docume...SDMortStudy.pdf and http://mailer.fsu.edu/~cfigley/vets/docume...IN2900-AM09.pdf good luck and congrats

yes the hypertension can be rated as secondary to PTSD there are many studies showing the links, just know that if you file for it, you will be reopening the IU claim and they can then do anything they want, I however believe if you do it now, they would have a hard time justifying taking it away. Here are some of the links to the studies the BVA is accepting from Dr Boscarino http://mailer.fsu.edu/~cfigley/vets/docume...SDMortStudy.pdf and http://mailer.fsu.edu/~cfigley/vets/docume...IN2900-AM09.pdf good luck and congrats

testvet

I dont understand how could they take away my iu becuase of hypertension my iu is becuase of ptsd please explain more of what you mean. thanks

calnight:

First of all congratulations. I don`t think the DAV would have called if it wasn`t true. Your case is similar to mine so I have hope from yours.

Hypertension has been awarded many times as secondary to PTSD. You can read thousands of appeal cases about it.

You will be paid 100% benefits so why do you want to go for more claims? Check out the college benefits and see if it will be worth the hassle.

Cavman

calnight:

I can`t remember all your evidence. I have a couple doctors stating I`m screwed up and unemployable now and in the future, letters from family and plenty of bullshit medals. I know we are both 50% also. Did you have a doctor that gave you a good letter?

Cavman

calnight:

I can`t remember all your evidence. I have a couple doctors stating I`m screwed up and unemployable now and in the future, letters from family and plenty of bullshit medals. I know we are both 50% also. Did you have a doctor that gave you a good letter?

Cavman

caveman this is the list of evidence that I feel realy made my case. letters from family or friends in my opion dont do much either do medals. AND TO EVERYONE ELSE PURSING A CASE FOR YOUR BENIFITS MEDICAL EVIDENCE IS ALL THAT COUNTS. THIS IS WHAT I HAD,

1, MY VA DOCTOR STATING I CAN NOT WORK BECUASE OF MY PTSD GAF SCORE 46

AND THIS IS THE SAME DOCTOR I HAVE BEEN SEEING AWHILE. IF YOU FEEL THAT YOU ARE NOT GETTING WHAT YOU NEED FROM YOURDOCTOR AS FAR AS HIM STATING YOU CANT WORK BECUASE OF YOUR SC YOU NEED TO FIND ANOTHER.

2, SSD REPORT FROM THERE DOCTOR ITS LIKE A IMO SHE STATED I COULD NOT WORK WITH A GAF OF 50 I GOT MY SSD

3, SSD AWARD LETTER SENT TO THE VA AS EVIDENCE.

4, VA VOC REHAB RECORDS STATING A SEVERE EMPLOYMENT HANDICAPP.

5, MT LAST C&P EXAM STATED THAT HE FELT I COULD NOT ADAPT TO A WORK LIKE ENVIROMENT GAF47

THIS IS CALLED HARD EVIDENCE THE VA CAN NOT OVERLOOK THESES 5 STEPS. IF YOU CAN OBTAIN THIS KIND OF EVIDENCE YOU WILL WIN HOW LONG IT TAKE IS ANYBODY GUESS IT TOOK ME ALMOST 3 YEARS TO OBTAIN THE ABOVE EVEDENCE AND ANOTHER 6 MONTHS FOR THE VA TO MAKE A DECSION. YOU MUST STACK THE EVIDENCE IN YOUR FAVOR AND MORE IS ALWAYS BETTER BUT NOT WHAT I CALL SOFT EVIDENCE LIKE LETTERS FROM FRIENDS , FAMILY, EMPLOYEES. I AM NOT SAYING NOT TO GET IT BUT YOU MUST HAVE THE HARD EVIDENCE TO BACK IT UP.