Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Exam Request - [Contention]

Rate this question

Crozfc

Question

Hi all;

Long time reader/lurker during which I have received loads of good info! I thought i would ask a question of my own. I am going through a claim for IBS (3rd time), I am considered a Gulf War Veteran and I am trying to claim it under presumptive condition since it has already been diagnosed by the local VA hospital here in Virginia. Following my C&P exam, the VA wants some documentation about Gulf War Illness which I will provide, but I have noticed I have a mysterious second C&P scheduled at the local VA hospital? So far,  I have not received any formal information in the mail. Also I see on e benefits that a new request has showed up which states:

Request 3

Due Date: Not available Status:  No Longer Needed

Exam Request - [Contention]

What does Exam Request - [Contention] most likely mean in this context?

Thanks in advance,

Croz...

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Based on your post, the exam is no longer needed.  

However, THESE ARE YOUR BENEFITS< AND YOUR LIFE, so dont leave it up to chance.  You would look both ways before crossing the street, even if a stranger said its okay to go, so why take a VA employees word for it when its been wrong sooo many times in the past.  

If it were me, I would call the examiner and ask if an exam is needed, that you were unclear.  Then go to the exam if he requests same.  Dont take some GS5's input into the computer gambling it would be correct.  

Broncovet;

Thanks for the response. I just called the number listed for the appointment and the tech there said it is an admin appointment to review records and that my presence is not necessary. He said it sometimes shows up as a regular appointment in the system. So am I to take this has a good sign or a bad sign? He said that they had extra money and were trying to close out cases before the end of the year....

V/R

Croz...