VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Citing VBA Decisions

Rate this question

Emmanuel Lawler

Question

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

They wont help because the VA will say they are only probative to a specific veteran's claim.

BVA decisions can hold a wealth of info however- if they are similar and for the same disability, those decisions will show why they were awarded amd what you will need as evidence.

I found two of your other posts...this is a cardio issue and you got some excellent  input from Gastone.

My advice would be the same as his.

The topic is entitled:

"Coronary Artery Disease Secondary to Hyperlipidemia"

Hyperlipidemia is a symptom.I highly doubt there are any awards at the BVA  for CAD secondary to hyperlipidemia. (unless they had quite an IMO/ IME) Please post  a link to one if it is in fact like yours.

If so ,the non VA doctor's initials will be in the decision and this doctor could be narrowed down to where they are located ( usually in th same state the veteran is in, and maybe the IMO doc gave the veteran direct treatment for the disability anyhow.)

There is some relationship between them but you will need a IMO/IME from a cardio doctor, as Gastone said, and also the inservice nexus ( the inservice cause, treatment for,  or etiology of the heart disease).

The IMO/IME format they need to follow is in our IMO forum and they will need your SMRs and all available medical records.

I hope you did not file the claim the way the topic title reads.

Gastone correctly mentioned the AO presumptives. They apply to vets who served outside of Vietnam, dependng on wehere and when they served and what their MOS was etc etc.

There are 2 CONUS AO vets as well.